(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Reindeer Food SNACK MIX is really a wonderful and fun snack idea.
Many kids love this snack mix idea because of the idea that it is what Santa's Reindeer may eat when they visit to bring gifts.
Reindeer Food SNACK MIX
This is a snack mix that is colorful and tasty.
Even better, this snack mix is easy to make!
Have you tried my Simple S'Mores Snack Mix yet?
That is a similar snack mix that is made to taste like S'Mores.
This snack mix recipe is really a more festive holiday idea but, good just the same.
This snack mix is decorated with edible Holiday Decorations. You can find a selection of holiday sprinkles and edible decorations here.
You may be wondering what is reindeer treat snack.
Let me first start by saying that this is all a fable when it comes to food.
That is, this snack mix is NOT intended to be fed to reindeer or any animal for that matter.
This reindeer snack is more of an ode to Santa's reindeer.
Reindeer snack mix is intended to be a yummy treat to enjoy during the Christmas holiday.
It is basically a snack mix that is Christmas inspired.
Everyone asks what is reindeer food made of.
Like other similar snack mixes, this snack mix is made with crunchy goodness.
That crunchy goodness is both salty and sweet.
This snack mix is made with cereal and pretzels.
We then add some flavor with peanuts and chocolate.
Then we top it all off with edible holiday sprinkles and decorations.
Tips for making snack mix.
This is a snack mix that can be made with the help of kids of most ages.
They can make their own using a zip top bag.
More tips for you
- Adding a bit (½-1 tsp) of extract, such as maple extract or vanilla extract can give this some added flavor.
- While any cereal that is large enough to eat with your fingers will work in this recipe, Chex cereal is the most common brand to use. Rice Chex, Chocolate or Cinnamon Chex, or even Corn Chex will work.
- Store this mix in an airtight container at room temperature.
Personalize your snack mix.
This is a great snack idea just the way it is.
However, you can also take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add candies such as M & M or Reese's Mini Cups.
- Sprinkle colored sugar or edible glitter on top.
- Thin this snack mix out with some popcorn or caramel corn.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this holiday snack mix recipe.
Holiday reindeer snack mix is a simple and tasty snack idea that can be made quickly.
This is a perfect snack to have on hand for movie watching or for sharing with others.
This recipe is a standard for many of us.
You can follow the recipe as is for a great snack.
Or you can add several different things to this such as chocolate candies, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or even potato stix to thus personalize yours.
Ingredients needed to make Reindeer mix.
- Pretzel Sticks- 2 cups.
- Chex Cereal 2 cups total. Use one flavor or more in your mix.
- Peanuts- 1 cup, plain or as desired.
- White Melting Wafers- 1 cup.
- Green Candy Melts- ½ cup.
- Edible Holiday Decorations
How to make Reindeer Food SNACK MIX
Step One: prepare the ingredients.
In an extra-large bowl, combine together the cereal, pretzels and peanuts.
Give the mix a quick shake to mix them us but, without however breaking any of the cereal and pretzels.
Prep a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step Two: melt the white melting wafers.
Melt the white wafers according the instructions on the packaging.
I like to place the melting wafers in a microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup and microwave.
Stop the microwave every thirty seconds to stir.
When the white wafers are melted (about a minute and a half) pour in over the mixture in the bowl.
Stir the ingredients gently.
Transfer your ingredients to the prepared baking sheet, but, evenly distributing everything.
Step Three: decorate and serve.
Melt your green wafers as indicated on the packaging.
Then you can place the melted wafers in a piping bag when cool enough and decorate the the mix.
If you do not have a piping bag however, simply use a large zip top bag and cut the corner.
You can then sprinkle the toppings over the mixture.
Allow this to sit for 45 minutes to set before serving.
Easy and Tasty Reindeer Food SNACK MIX, a fun Christmas treat idea inspired by Santa to feed to his Reindeer.
Reindeer Food SNACK MIX
- 2 cups Pretzel Sticks-
- 2 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1 cup White Melting Wafers
- ½ cup Green Candy Melts
- Edible Holiday Decorations
- In an extra-large bowl, combine together the cereal, pretzels and peanuts. Prep a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt the white wafers according the instructions on the packaging. When the white wafers are melted (about a minute and a half) pour in over the mixture in the bowl. Stir the ingredients gently.Transfer your ingredients to the prepared baking sheet, but, evenly distributing everything.
- Melt your green wafers as indicated on the packaging.Then you can place the melted wafers in a piping bag when cool enough and decorate the the mix.If you do not have a piping bag however, simply use a large zip top bag and cut the corner.You can then sprinkle the toppings over the mixture.Allow this to sit for 45 minutes to set before serving.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!