Super Cute Santa Strawberries is a simple holiday inspired treat.
I like that this is one of the more healthy holiday snacks that you can put out on a dessert table!
Super Cute Santa Strawberries
This is a festive way to dress up a strawberry.
These Santa treats are a nice alternative to the usual holiday cookies that people like to indulge in during the holiday season.
Have you tried my Strawberry Christmas Tree Oreo treats?
That Oreo treat is another fun way to dress up a strawberry for the holiday season.
Both this Santa Strawberry and that Oreo and Strawberry holiday tree would look really cute together on a a dessert table or holiday gathering.
Add some fun sprinkles to your Strawberry Santa's. You can find Edible Christmas Decorations here.
People ask what are the benefits of eating strawberries.
I love strawberries and I am glad that they are always available at my local grocery store.
Besides being the perfect color for a Christmas holiday treat, there are a lot of benefits to eating strawberries.
Keto low carb diet followers know that strawberries are a low in carbohydrate fruit.
This is because there is not a lot of sugar in strawberries and there is some fiber too.
Strawberries are also a good source of Vitamin C.
This is also a kid friendly holiday recipe.
That is, children of most ages can help make these Santa treats.
They can even help decorate the treats to make them fun!
Even better, this is a relatively inexpensive idea.
Also, these Santa Strawberries are quick and easy to make.
And, there is not much to have to clean up when you are done!
Tips for making Santa Strawberries.
Using fresh strawberries is essential to making these Santa's.
This is because you will need to slice each strawberry into two pieces.
More tips for you
- Strawberries can be juicy when they are sliced which can make it hard for the inside to cling on. If this happens to you, try blotting the strawberry with with a clean paper towel or letting it sit out for 10-15 minutes before putting your Santa together.
- These Santa strawberries can be used as a display or centerpiece. I like to place mine beside or on a cake or as part of a charcuterie board.
- If you are concerned about how to serve the strawberries, place each on on top of a cookie or on a small cupcake liner.
Personalize your Santa strawberries.
These Santa's are really cute just the way they are.
However, you can also make them more fun.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add granola to the white center for an added crunch.
- Sprinkle Edible Christmas Decorations on top.
- Coconut flakes can make for a cute beard or hair.
- Use fruit such as blueberries, dried cranberries or raisins to add additional decorations.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About these Santa Strawberry treats.
This is a simple recipe idea for making 'Santa Claus' treats.
Making this recipe can take as little as three ingredients.
Using fresh strawberries is essential to the success of this idea.
This is because the strawberries will need to be cut in half.
You can also easily personalize your treats to make them even cuter or tastier.
Ingredients needed to make Strawberry Santa Treats/
- Strawberries- 12 large, rinsed and allowed to dry.
- Cream Cheese- 1 (8 ounce) bar, softened to room temperature. Optionally, you can use whipped cream or mascarpone cheese.
- Powdered Sugar- 6 tablespoons.
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
- Mini Chocolate Chips- 24 for eyes, additional as needed.
How to make Santa Strawberries
Step One: prepare the strawberries.
Rinse your strawberries in cool water.
Allow the strawberries to fully dry.
You will need to make two slices in each strawberry. I suggest using a paring knife to carefully do this.
The first slice is to simply make the bottom (the wide end of the berry) flat.
Then cut a ½" slice off of the pointed end of the berry to use as a hat.
Step Two: make the frosting.
Use a mixer to beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and the powdered sugar until creamy.
You can adjust the consistency by adding a small amount of extra powdered sugar or softened cream cheese as needed.
Step Three: assemble the Santa's.
The easiest way to do this is to use a piping bag or zip top bag with a corner cut off to apply the frosting. If you choose to use another method, it may take a few tries to get it right. If your frosting gets too soft while using it, simply refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes.
Pipe about a ¾-1" tall layer of icing on top of the cut part of the base of the strawberry. Then place the pointed piece on top as a hat. Add the chocolate chips as eyes. Finish decorating as desired (buttons, hair, beard, etc.)
Super Cute Santa Strawberries, a simple way to dress up strawberries to look like festive treats that taste yummy too!
Super Cute Santa Strawberries
- Make two slices in each berry. The first slice is to simply make the bottom (the wide end of the berry) flat. Then cut a ½" slice off of the pointed end of the berry to use as a hat.
- Use a mixer to beat together the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and the powdered sugar until creamy. Pipe about a ¾-1" tall layer of icing on top of the cut part of the base of the strawberry. Then place the pointed piece on top as a hat. Add the chocolate chips as eyes. Finish decorating as desired (buttons, hair, beard, etc.)
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!