(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Tasty Christmas Wreath Fruit Board that features the colors of the season.
I like that his fruit board is made with healthier ingredients.
Tasty Christmas Wreath Fruit Board
This is a charcuterie style fruit board with a holiday theme..
I like this as a perfect addition to most any holiday or Christmas themed event.
Have you tried making my Homemade Instapot Holiday Potpourri?
That potpourri is a simple recipe idea that can also make your home smell amazing.
Both this fruit platter and that potpourri would go nicely together when entertaining or hosting a family gathering.
The food that is displayed in your holiday board should be easy to serve and eat. You can find holiday toothpicks here that are helpful for both serving and eating with.
You may be asking what is a fruit board called.
Technically, you can call it whatever you want to.
However, the popular name these days is to call about any kind of a fruit board a charcuterie board.
This fruit charcuterie board is intended to resemble a holiday wreath.
For that reason, the colors of this board are both red and green.
We are adding accent colors to make the board even nicer!
You can also add additional elements to this small fruit charcuterie board.
Walnuts are added to this board for both color and accent.
Also, walnuts are commonly enjoyed during the holiday season.
Also added to this board is board is cheese.
I like that the cheese is cut into cubes as this makes the board more interesting.
The cheese also gives a different kind of flavor beyond the fruit.
Tips for making a fruit board.
Perhaps the most important thing to keep in mind when making any kind of a fruit board is to use fresh ingredients.
This is especially true when it comes to fruit.
More tips for you
- White or blank space is important to the presentation. Allowing the board to show through the food will allow for the wreath to show and for the board to not look overly crowded. .
- While the center of the fruit wreath is left empty, you could also use this space. I like the idea of adding a fruit dip to the center.
- Feel free to use fruit other than the fruit that I have used in this wreath. Good alternatives include raspberries and colored grapes.
Personalize your holiday fruit wreath.
This Christmas fruit wreath is great just the way it is.
You could also make yours even more fun.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add a bit of white chocolate to your board to resemble the idea of snow.
- Place Santa decorated strawberries on your board.
- Distribute fresh mint or herbs around the food to make it look more 'green'.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this Christmas wreath charcuterie board.
This is a simple recipe idea for a fruit board to serve during the holiday season.
The fruit on the board is displayed to resemble a holiday season wreath.
This holiday wreath board should be made with fresh fruit.
It should take less than 20 minutes to put this fruit wreath idea together.
Adding fruit to a holiday table is a great idea for something different.
Ingredients needed to make a Christmas wreath charcuterie board
This is for a 14-18" platter. Make adjustments as needed when it comes to ingredients.
- Grapes- 30 (I used green).
- Feta Cheese Squares- 20 (½-3/4") squares.
- Raspberries- 20.
- Blueberries- 15.
- Walnuts- as needed.
- Rosemary- as needed.
How to make a Christmas Wreath Fruit Board,
You can use an average sized round charcuterie board or large round platter for this.
Step One: prepare.
Rinse or clean your fruit as needed. Allow the fruit to fully dry.
The cheese should be cut into squares that are between ½-3/4" in size. Try to make them as uniform in size as possible for presentation.
It is easier to make this if you can use a cake turntable or similar stand that can spin.
Step Two: build the base of the wreath.
The rosemary is the ingredient that lies on the bottom of the platter so that should be used first.
Evenly distribute the rosemary throughout, except for the center of the circle.
There are three rows of fruit (raspberries, grapes, and blueberries).
Place the first row, the raspberries, following the edges of the platter.
Leave space between each raspberry for a walnut.
For the next layer, we will place the grapes. The grapes however, should be placed to make two rows of the circle.
Then make a circle of blueberries.
Step Three: add the accent ingredients and display the board.
Place the walnuts between the raspberries and the feta squares evenly around the wreath.
Also, add seasonal accents such as pin cherries, barberries, or cranberries as desired.
Tasty Christmas Wreath Fruit Board, a healthy charcuterie platter featuring fresh fruit displayed as a holiday wreath.
Christmas Wreath Fruit Board,
- Feta Cheese Squares
- Evenly distribute the rosemary throughout, except for the center of the circle.There are three rows of fruit (raspberries, grapes, and blueberries).Place the first row, the raspberries, following the edges of the platter. Leave space between each raspberry for a walnut.For the next layer, we will place the grapes. The grapes should be placed to make two rows of the circle. Then make a circle of blueberries.
- Place the walnuts between the raspberries and the feta squares evenly around the wreath. Add seasonal accents such as pin cherries, barberries, or cranberries as desired.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!