Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels are a fun treat to give to someone you like.
I like that these pink chocolate covered pretzels look so amazing too!
Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
This is simple recipe for making decorated chocolate covered pretzels.
The pretzels are decorated with sprinkles that make them look even more fun!
Have you tried my Simple S'Mores Snack Mix?
That recipe for snack mix is also simple yet, tasty.
Both recipes would be great to serve together for a Valentine's Day celebration!
This recipe calls for Valentines Day Sprinkle Mix for the colorful toppings to go over the chocolate. You can find Valentines Day Sprinkle Mix here.
These pink chocolate covered pretzels are for anyone asking about Valentine edible treats.
While you could easily give someone a card, making a tasty treat is a nice idea that is personal too.
This treat is easy to make which makes it even better.
You will also probably like how fun the sprinkles make this treat.
The sprinkles help make the chocolate covered pretzels look like you bought them at a specialty store. Even better, the sprinkles can hide imperfections in the melted chocolate.
How far in advance can you make chocolate covered pretzels?
These chocolate covered pretzels should be stored in an air tight container.
If properly stored, they should keep for a couple of weeks at room temperature.
These chocolate covered pretzels can also be wrapped individually to be given away.
You could also individually wrap the pretzels in these cellophane bags that are specific for pretzel rods
Tips for making chocolate covered pretzels.
I would make one dipped pretzel first to make sure that you get the hang of things.
Then you can make the rest knowing what to do.
More tips for you
- When dipping the pretzels in the melted chocolate, be careful to not cover the pretzel rod down too far. Having too much chocolate on the pretzel rods can make it too messy to hold on to.
- If your chocolate starts to get too thick when dipping, or even before, you can heat it back up for a few more seconds. If heating the chocolate does not , you can add just a touch (teaspoon) more coconut oil.
- Sometimes the sprinkles can slide off the pretzels. I suggest that you wait a minute before adding the sprinkles for the chocolate to slightly dry. Then place your bigger sprinkles carefully on the pretzels, followed by the smaller sprinkles.
Personalize chocolate covered pretzels.
These chocolate covered pretzels are not only impressive looking, they taste amazing too!
However, you can make them even better.
Try on of these ideas.
- Add a drop of extract (peppermint, vanilla, etc? for some flavor.
- Dip your pretzels in white chocolate, allow it to dry, then continue with the pink to get two colors.
- Add some crushed cookies to your topping!
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this Valentines Day chocolate covered pretzel.
This is a simple recipe idea for making pretzel rods that are a Valentines Day theme.
We are using pink chocolate that to cover the pretzels.
Sprinkles are placed on top of the chocolate.
The festive sprinkles give these pretzels a fun look.
They also make the chocolate covered pretzels taste even better!
Ingredients needed to make these Valentines pretzles.
- Pretzel Rods- 15 (fresh).
- Pink Candy Melts- 1 12-Ounce Bag
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkle Mix
How to make Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Step One: prepare.
Line one or two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step Two: melt the chocolate.
It is always best to follow the directions on the packaging for how to melt the chocolate.
I like to place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until melted, stopping every 30 seconds to stir for even melting.
Once the chocolate has fully melted, stir in the coconut oil until fully blended.
Transfer the mixture in to a tall container for dipping.
Step Three: decorate and finish the pretzels.
Dip the first pretzel rod into the cup until the rod is about half covered with chocolate.
Then give the pretzel a couple light taps on the side of the dish to remove excess chocolate.
Lay the pretzel on the lined baking sheet that you prepared in the first stem and immediately sprinkle the pretzel with the sprinkle mix.
Repeat with the rest of the pretzel rods.
Allow the finished pretzels to rest for 10 minutes or until hardened. Enjoy!
Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels, a simple recipe for pink chocolate covered pretzel rods with fun sprinkles.
Valentines Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Line one or two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.It is always best to follow the directions on the packaging for how to melt the chocolate.Once the chocolate has fully melted, stir in the coconut oil until fully blended. Transfer the mixture in to a tall container for dipping.
- Dip the first pretzel rod into the cup until the rod is about half covered with chocolate. Then give the pretzel a couple light taps on the side of the dish to remove excess chocolate. Lay the pretzel on the lined baking sheet that you prepared in the first stem and immediately sprinkle the pretzel with the sprinkle mix.Repeat with the rest of the pretzel rods. Allow the finished pretzels to rest for 10 minutes or until hardened. Enjoy!
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:December 22, 2021
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!