DIY Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub may be just what your skin is asking for.
I really like how nice these sugar scrub cubes feel on the skin.
Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub cubes are a nice idea for skin exfoliation.
This is a homemade do it yourself sugar scrub soap.
They are scented with lavender and lemon which really smell nice together.
Have you tried making a Calendula Sugar Scrub?
That scrub is made with marigolds. There are many benefits for using calendula in a skin scrub too.
This lavender and lemon scrub was set in mini ice cube trays for a convenient use. You can find Mini ice cube tray molds here.
As you know, lavender is a flowering plant that is also part of the mint family. As a result, it has a refreshing scent.
The oil from lavender (lavender essential oil) is thought to have antibacterial and antifungal effects on the skin as well as being calming. Some folks also believe that lavender can help with skin pigmentation issues.
Lemon juice and oils are popular ingredients used for skin care. This is in addition to the citrus scent of lemon.
Lemon oil (lemon essential oil) is said to be an antioxidant that may be helpful for aging skin. It is also an astringent and can be helpful for lightening skin.
Tips for making sugar scrubs.
A bit of caution for use as sugar scrubs may cause a reaction when used on the face and can get into your eyes.
Also, it is best to use the scrub on skin that is intact.
Here are some tips that you may find helpful when making your scrub.
- This diy scrub recipe calls for sugar. Use a raw or larger sugar granule for better scrubbing abilities if you feel that you need a good scrub. Regular table sugar is effective as well.
- Mica powder is used in this 'recipe' to help give the skin a better glow. It is essential that you avoid inhaling mica powder. Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth can be a good idea when making this.
- Adding a bit (one tablespoon or so) of coconut oil to this scrub may help if you have dry skin. The coconut oil will help soften your skin.
Personalize homemade soap.
This sugar scrub soap is great just the way it is.
However, you can take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of using the lemon oil, use another oil scent.
- You can also use a different color mica powder.
- Instead of making this soap into cubes, use another shape soap mold such as one of these.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
How to use a sugar scrub.
This is a really refreshing way to take care of your skin while you are bathing or showering.
Simple massage the scrub cube into your skin using a circular motion.
Even better, you can use a shower sponge or washcloth to apply the sugar scrub.
Again, use a circular motion to gently scrub your skin.
Then rinse off the scrub.
Ingredients needed to make lemon and lavender sugar scrub.
- Goats Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base - a natural exfoliant that is also a gentle cleanser.
- Sweet almond oil- a moisturizing oil.
- Sugar- used for exfoliating the skin.
- Purple mica powder- added for color.
- Lemon essential oil - added for scent.
- Lavender essential oil- also for scent.
- Mini ice cube tray mold - to make cubes with the scrub.
- Large microwave safe measuring cup with spout
- Wooden craft stick for stirring
How to make DIY Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub
This is a simple DIY idea. It takes about 10 minutes to make this and about a half hour for it to set.
Step One: prepare.
Set up your workstation. Gather all of your ingredients and make sure that your ice cube mold(s) are clean and dry.
Step Two: combine the ingredients.
- Place the Goats Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base in a microwave safe measuring cup.
- Microwave the soap base for 30 second and the stir it well.
- Add the sweet almond oil, sugar, and mica powder to the microwaved soap base and stir the ingredients well.
- Place the cup with the ingredients back into the microwave and heat for another 15 seconds.
- Stir in the essentials oils.
Step Three: finish and set the molds.
Transfer the ingredients from the measuring cup to the molds. Then allow the ingredients to set (about a half hour). Remove the cubes from the molds and store in an airtight container.
DIY Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub, a simple recipe for making homemade face and body that can be used as an exfoliant.
DIY Lavender and Lemon Sugar Scrub
- Mini ice cube tray mold
- Place the Goats Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base in a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave the soap base for 30 second and the stir it well.
- Add the sweet almond oil, sugar, and mica powder to the microwaved soap base and stir the ingredients well. Place the cup with the ingredients back into the microwave and heat for another 15 seconds. Stir in the essentials oils.
- Transfer the ingredients from the measuring cup to the molds. Then allow the ingredients to set (about a half hour). Remove the cubes from the molds and store in an airtight container.
Similar ideas to this one that you may be interested in.
Quick instructions on this idea.
- Heat and combine ingredients.
Following the step by step instructions, combine the ingredients.
- Transfer the ingredients and set.
Following the instructions, evenly distribute the combined ingredients to the molds. Then allow the ingredients to set in place.