A Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookie Cake is a nice dessert idea especially for sharing with others..
I really like how easy it is to make this cookie cake recipe!
Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookie Cake
This is basically a recipe for making a giant cookie that can be served as a cake.
Not only is this a chocolate chip cookie recipe, it is also a Funfetti cookie recipe idea!
Did you see my listing for 50 Unique Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes?
That listing features even more chocolate chip cookie recipes that may be of interested to you. Many of those recipes are vegan, sugar free, or gluten free as well!
To make this recipe you will need a 'giant' cookie pan. You can find a Giant Cookie Pan to use in this recipe here.
I like to think of a cookie cake as being a giant cookie. However, because of the size of this giant cookie, it is a bit different from a regular cookie.
Giant cookies are they are so large, they need a larger pan for baking as well as a larger quantity of ingredients. Also, there needs to be some adjustments in baking the larger cookie because of its size.
The simple reason is just to have something different. However, there are occasions when a giant cookie would be a nice idea.
Because these cookies are so large, this means that they can be served as a dessert for a gathering of people...kind of like a cake. This means that you can decorate these larger cookies similarly to a cake and serve it for an occasion such as a birthday, holiday, or even for a special event.
Tips for making a giant cookie.
While my cookie was made in a giant cookie pan, you could use another kind of pan as long as it has a rim. Pan ideas include a rimmed baking sheet or deep dish pizza pan. Keep in mind that you may need to adjust the baking time for your cookie using another pan.
More tips for you
- Make this cookie dough in a shape. Simply refrigerate it first and then roll it out on parchment paper to make your shape.
- This cookie dough can be made ahead of time. Simply wrap it well in plastic or similar wrap and refrigerate (up to three days) or freeze (about two months).
- When placing the cookie dough into the pan, it is a good idea to leave some space between the dough and the rim of the pan for expansion while baking. Another option is to make a rim of cookie dough around the outer edge of the cookie.
How to personalize a giant chocolate chip cookie.
Certainly this giant cookie is amazing just the way it is. Not only is it easy to make, it is also tasty to eat...well and share with others.
Here is how to make your cookie even better!
- Instead of funfetti sprinkles use another kind of sprinkle. I like the idea of holiday sprinkles for example.
- Instead of the cookie nip flavoring, use an extract in addition to the vanilla extract. Maple extract or banana extract could go nicely in this cookie.
- Add chopped nuts or candy pieces for baking to your cookies.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for Cookie Cake.
This is a recipe for a giant cookie. The cookie is made with chocolate chips and funfetti sprinkles.
To make this recipe you will need a large baking pan.
This specific recipe works best using a cookie pan that is specific for giant cookies.
However, you could use another kind of pan, such as a deep dish pizza pan, and make adjustments as needed for baking.
Ingredients Needed to make a giant chocolate chip cookie.
- Flour. All purpose works best.
- Salt. You can omit this if you are using salted butter.
- Baking Powder. Please use fresh baking powder.
- Butter. Your butter should be softened to room temperature.
- Brown Sugar. Use light brown sugar that is packed into the measuring cup.
- Eggs. Large eggs is preferred. You eggs should be at room temperature for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract. For flavor,
- Cookie Nip. This gives the cookie an even better flavor (like butter!).
- Chocolate Chips. Semi sweet chocolate chips have a good consistency for this recipe.
- Funfetti sprinkles
- Frosting and icing are toppings that are also optional.
How to make Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookie Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 22 minutes. Serves: 16.
Step One: Prepare.
Start by preheating your oven to 350. Prep your pan for nonstick. Parchment paper may not fit your pan. However, you can spray the pan or grease it well.
Step Two: Make the cookie dough.
In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk to combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set this bowl aside.
Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar and the butter until creamy. Then, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, vanilla extract, and cookie nip.
Add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and half of the funfetti sprinkles.
Step Three: Bake the cookie.
Use a spoon to place the dough into the center of your prepared pan. Now, using your spoon, spread the dough out to within an inch of the side of the pan. Bake the cookie for 20-22 minutes or until the cookie begins to to brown.
Allow the cookie to fully cool before adding frosting or icing. You can sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top when desired.
👉 Expert Tip: Do not spread the cookie dough all the way to the edge of the pan. This is because the cookie needs space to expand while baking.
Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookie Cake, a simple recipe for making a delicious dessert, celebration or birthday cake.
Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookie Cake,
- Start by preheating your oven to 350. Prep your pan for nonstick. Parchment paper may not fit your pan. However, you can spray the pan or grease it well.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk to combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Set this bowl aside.Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the brown sugar and the butter until creamy. Then, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, vanilla extract, and cookie nip.
- Add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the mixing bowl and mix until just combined. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and half of the funfetti sprinkles.
- Use a spoon to place the dough into the center of your prepared pan. Now, using your spoon, spread the dough out to within an inch of the side of the pan. Bake the cookie for 20-22 minutes or until the cookie begins to to brown.Allow the cookie to fully cool before adding frosting or icing. You can sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top when desired.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
You may also like these ideas.
Time needed: 32 minutes.
Quick Instructions for this recipe.
Preheat your oven and prep your baking pan or sheet of nonstick.
- Combine the ingredients.
Follow the directions for combining the ingredients for this recipe.
- Bake and serve.
Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared sheet and bake as directed.
Allow the cookie to cool and then decorate and serve it.
In case you missed something.
- Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookie Cake