(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies that are tasty too!
I like that making these cookies in an air fryer means that I can make one or two cookies at a time when I am in the mood to.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a simple recipe for making cookies that are crunchy on the edges while being chewy in the center.
These cookies taste like chocolaty and sweet goodness in every bite!
Did you see my recipe for Easy Cake Mix Chocolate Chunk Cookies >
That recipe uses basic cake mix which adds both a sweet base to the cookies and the ease of a great hack. I like that both this chocolate chip cookie recipe and that chocolate chunk cookie recipe are nice alternatives to the usual chocolate chip cookie idea.
To make this recipe you will need an air fryer. You can find well priced air fryers here.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Cooking.
Yes you can cook, or bake, cookie dough in an air fryer.
However, since an air fryer baked differently from an oven, you may need to make a few adjustments.
First know that since an air fryer is smaller than an oven, you will need to bake your cookies in batches if you want more than four or five cookies.
Also, because air fryers depend upon circulating heat in order to bake, they can bake cookies faster and as a result, your cookies will be done fasted in an air fryer than in a regular oven.
Air fryers are smaller and thus, easier to use than an oven.
This also means that they heat up faster and lose less heat than an everyday oven.
Here are some more advantages for using an air fryer.
🍪An air fryer allows you to make just a few cookies if that is all you want.
🍪Air fryers are convenient as they can go with you in a camper or hotel room.
🍪 They are more user friendly especially for folks who may need assistance with using an oven.
Tips for making air fryer cookies.
Feel free to line the basket of your air fryer with a bit of foil for easy clean up. Simply cut a square of foil that allows for about an inch around the sides for the air to circulate.
More tips for you
- This recipe is for the basic egg shaped air fryer rather than the oven kind. If you intend to use the oven kind of air fryer, make the needed adjustments in temperature and baking time as needed (these often run a bit warmer than the oven fryers).
- Allow the cookies to cool before actually biting into them. The will still be baking in the center and will be really hot when you take them out of the air fryer.
- This is one of those recipes that you can make just part of the dough and freeze the rest away for another day. I would suggest that you allow the frozen cookie dough to sit at room temperature however, before placing them into the air fryer for baking for best results.
Personalize these air fryer cookies.
These cookies are tasty and easy just the way they are.
You can however make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of use just regular chocolate chips, use white or another kind of chip with or instead of the chocolate chips.
- Add some chopped nuts to your cookies.
- Allow these cookies to cool before making them into a sandwich with ice cream in the center.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this recipe for air fryer cookies.
This is a simple recipe for making chocolate chip cookies in an air fryer.
To make this recipe, you will first need to make the cookie dough.
This recipe was developed for a basic 'egg shaped' air fryer with basket.
The cookies will simply bake in the basic. If you intend to make more than four cookies, you may need to make this recipe in batches depending on the size of your basket.
Ingredients needed to make air fryer cookies.
- Flour. This recipe uses all purpose flour.
- Baking Soda. For leavening the cookies.
- Butter. Your butter should be softened to room temperature.
- Sugar. Granulated white sugar.
- Brown Sugar. Light brown sugar lightly packed.
- Vanilla Extract. For a nice balance of flavor.
- Eggs. Your eggs should be at room temperature.
- Chocolate Chips. My cookies were made with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to make Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies,
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies (Yields 48-50 cookies)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Step One: prepare.
Start by placing a piece of aluminum foil in the bottom of your basket. Leave enough room on the sides of the foil for the air to circulate properly. Then give the foil a quick spray of nonstick.
Step Two: make the cookie dough.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork or whisk to mix together the flour and the baking soda. You can add a pinch or so of salt if desired or if you are using unsalted butter.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the sugars and the butter until creamy. You can do this step by hand or by mixer.
- Now, stir in the eggs and vanilla .
- Add the dry ingredient from the first bowl to the mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
- Lastly, use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
Step Three: air fry the cookies.
- Preheat your air fryer to 300° .
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough one at a time. Roll each of the cookies into an even ball and then carefully place it into the in air fryer basket, leaving room for expansion around each of the cookies. You may need to make this recipe in batches if there is not enough room.
- Air fry the cookies until they begin to turn golden brown, about six to eight minutes.
- Remove the basket from the air fryer and allow for the cookies to first cool while still in the basket before removing them.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Expert tip 👉Use the backside of a spoon to press down the cookies while still warm if you want thinner cookies.
Table of contents for this recipe idea.
Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies, a simple recipe for making crunchy, chewy, and delicious chocolate chip cookies in an air fryer.
Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Start by placing a piece of aluminum foil in the bottom of your basket. Leave enough room on the sides of the foil for the air to circulate properly. Then give the foil a quick spray of nonstick.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork or whisk to mix together the flour and the baking soda. Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the sugars and the butter until creamy. You can do this step by hand or by mixer.Now, stir in the eggs and vanilla .Add the dry ingredient from the first bowl to the mixing bowl and mix until just combined.Lastly, use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat your air fryer to 300° .Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough one at a time. Roll each of the cookies into an even ball and then carefully place it into the in air fryer basket, leaving room for expansion around each of the cookies.
- Air fry the cookies until they begin to turn golden brown, about six to eight minutes.Remove the basket from the air fryer and allow for the cookies to first cool while still in the basket before removing them.Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!