Easy Clothespin Wreath DIY that is a simple craft project that can be made by many ages.
I like that this colorful wreath can be made using dollar store materials as well!
Clothespin wreath diy craft project.
This wreath takes less than an hour to make and is really a fun idea.
While this clothespin wreath may look amazing on your front door, it can also be the perfect gift idea for someone else (Mother's day?).
Did you see my DIY Nautical Wreath Craft Idea ?
That nautical wreath is simple craft idea that can be made using dollar store materials. Both this clothespin wreath and that nautical wreath are fun ways to dress up a front door or a wall!
To make this project you will need to use clothespins. You can find clothespins at good prices here.
What is the meaning of a wreath?
Many people place a wreath on our front door to welcome others to their home. While most popular during the holiday season, displaying a wreath throughout the year is also common.
A decorated wreath on the front door is a good way to greet visitors in a friendly way. Even better, a wreath on a front door can contribute to the curb appeal of a property.
What can you do with a homemade wreath?
This wreath project has been designed for spring or summer months.
It can be used as a gift idea for Mother's day, a teacher's gift, or even as a birthday gift idea.
A wreath such as this one can be displayed on a door such as a front door.
However, this wreath can also be displayed indoors on a wall if desired.
Tips for making a clothespin wreath.
All of the materials used to make my wreath were found at a local dollar store. You can alternatively find the materials needed to make this project at many big box stores or online.
More tips for you
- To paint this wreath you will need pink spray paint. If you are planning on displaying your wreath outdoors, you may want to seal it as well.
- When spray painting your wreath, do so in a well-ventilated area, as described on the instructions on the spray paint. Also, take the other precautions as directed on the can.
- While this project is suitable for many ages, some folks may need assistance as needed. This is especially true when painting the clothespins and using a hot glue gun.
Personalize this homemade clothespin wreath project.
This wreath is simple and colorful just the way it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Paint your clothespins another color such as yellow, white, or even the colors of a favorite sports team.
- Glue on a wooden "welcome" sign or similar sign.
- Use the clothespins to hold items such as seed packets or Mother's Day coupons.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this clothespin wreath project.
This is a simple project for making a homemade wreath.
The wreath is especially perfect for spring or summer months.
To make this project you will need simple wooden clothespins.
We will start by spray painting the clothespins and then attachinging them to a wire wreath.
Then we will decorate the wreath for the season.
Materials needed to make this easy clothespin wreath diy.
- Wooden Clothespins. Your clothespins should be unfinished wood as they will need to be painted.
- Pink Spray Paint. Spray paint does the best job at covering the clothespins fully.
- Wire Wreath Frame. Mine was made using a 14" wreath form.
- Sandal Cutouts. My wreath was made with sandal glass markers but, there are plenty of choices out there for cutouts that can work in this craft project 😉
- Artificial Flowers that can easily pop off of the stems. Daisies were used to make my wreath.
- Glue sticks and glue gun.
- Also, a small amount of twine, a shoelace, or similar item that can be used to hang the wreath with.
How to make a Easy Clothespin Wreath DIY .
Step One: prepare.
Prepare for this project by first removing the clothespins from their packaging and removing any dirt, tags or debris from the pins. Then spray paint the clothespins according the the directions on the can, in a well-ventilated area.
Expert Tip👉 You most likely will need to apply more than one coat of paint in order to cover the entire clothespin. Make sure that the paint has fully dried before applying over it for best results.
Step Two: assemble the wreath.
Attach the dried clothespins to the wire wreath form. My clothespins were attached to the inner ring. However, you can attach yours to another ring or even use alternating rings to create a layered appearance.
Expert Tip👉 You may need to move or adjust the clothespins as needed to get them all to fit in place. My clothespins were attached so that the bottoms of the pins all met in a circle resulting the tops being spread apart.
Step Three: finish making your wreath.
Carefully use your glue gun to attach the remaining elements. For the flowers, simple pop them off of the wire stems and glue them in place. The sandals were simply glued into place.
Expert Tip👉 To make a loop for to hang the wreath, simply tie a string or similar item on the the backside of the wire frame. Be sure to use a sturdy loop that can be used to hang the wreath from when doing so .
In case you missed something.
- Clothespin wreath diy craft project.
- What can you do with a homemade wreath?
- Tips for making a clothespin wreath.
- Personalize this homemade clothespin wreath project.
- About this clothespin wreath project.
- Materials needed to make this easy clothespin wreath diy.
- How to make a Easy Clothespin Wreath DIY .
Easy Clothespin Wreath DIY , a simple craft diy project for making a colorful wreath made with dollar store materials.
Easy Clothespin Wreath DIY
- Prepare for this project by first removing the clothespins from their packaging and removing any dirt, tags or debris from the pins. Then spray paint the clothespins according the the directions on the can, in a well-ventilated area
- Attach the dried clothespins to the wire wreath form. My clothespins were attached to the inner ring. However, you can attach yours to another ring or even use alternating rings to create a layered appearance.
- Carefully use your glue gun to attach the remaining elements. For the flowers, simple pop them off of the wire stems and glue them in place. The sandals were simply glued into place.
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to try any of the ideas listed in this article please tag on social media @diyandfun. We like to hear your ideas and suggestions.
DIY and Fun is a website dedicated to providing you with the best DIY projects, crafts, recipes, hiking, and fun ideas that inspire. Whether you're looking for a new way to decorate your home, learn a new skill, or simply have some fun, DIY and Fun has something for everyone.
Here are some additional ways to keep coming back to DIY and Fun:
- Sign up for our email newsletter. We'll send you weekly updates with new projects, inspiration, and more.
- Follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Our community forum is coming soon. Share your projects, ask questions, and get inspired by other DIYers.
We hope to see you soon!
-Mary and Mike.