Oreo Ice Cream Cheesecake Pie is really the best of all dessert worlds.
This amazing delicious Oreo based recipe is a cheesecake that has ice cream in it.
Oreo Ice Cream Cheesecake Pie
This recipe is for a cheesecake pie that also has ice cream as an ingredient.
The base and the topping for this cheesecake pie are both made with Oreo sandwich cookies.
Did you see my recipe for How to Make an Oreo Cookie Crust?
That crust recipe is the base for this recipe. Luckily, it is a seriously easy crust that you can make.
To make this recipe you will need a springform pan. You can find a selection of springform pans here.
This recipe is especially for anyone looking for an Oreo based dessert.
Oreo sandwich cookies are a favorite treat for so many people. This could be because the cookies feature two crisp chocolate cookies with a sugary center between them.
This dessert recipe does have the same great crunch and chocolaty flavor of the cookies.
However, there is also the added taste of the vanilla ice cream. Also, the texture from the cheesecake portion of this recipe also adds to the enjoyment of this dessert.
You may be wondering what does a cheesecake ice cream taste like.
Let me start by stating that this is not a recipe for cheesecake ice cream. Instead, this recipe is for a cake that contains both cheesecake and ice cream.
This is a four layer dessert recipe.
The bottom layer of this a basic Oreo cookie crust which is then topped with a cheesecake layer. The we add ice cream and top the ice cream with a layer of crushed and chopped Oreo cookies.
Tips for making an ice cream cheesecake.
While this tasty dessert does come in four layers, it is not a difficult recipe to make. I suggest that it is best to take the directions a layer at a time to help prevent getting overwhelmed.
More tips for you
- When you make the make the Oreo crust, instead of baking or refrigerating it to set, freeze it instead. Freezing the crust for 20 minutes will both allow it to set and make the conditions more friendly for the other ingredients to be added.
- The completed cheesecake will need to be frozen to set. When you are ready to serve it, allow the cheesecake to sit out on at room temperature for a few minutes to make it easier to serve.
- Slicing through the layers of this can get a bit messy. However, if you use a cake knife that has been warmed in water can make for a cleaner cut.
Personalize this cheesecake recipe.
This recipe is really tasty the way it is.
However, you can also try other ways to make it even more flavorful
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of regular chocolate Oreos, use another flavor. This can be a nice idea especially during the holiday season.
- My cheesecake pie has vanilla ice cream. Feel free to use another flavor if you desire to.
- While my dessert is topped with a layer of Oreos, you can use the topping of your choice or no topping at all.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for Oreo cheesecake made with ice cream.
This is a simple four layer recipe that features the great flavor of popular Oreo cookies.
Oreo cookies are used for both the crust and for the topping.
To make this recipe you will need to first make the Oreo crust.
Ingredients needed to make this cheesecake with ice cream.
- Oreo Crust.
- Oreos- 12, or as desired. This is for the topping and additional to add to the body. Feel free to adjust as desired.
- Cream Cheese- 8 ounces, softened to room temperature. Full fat works best in this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar- ½ cup.
- Vanilla Ice Cream- 2 ½ cups divided. The ice cream is easiest to work with when it is soft.
How to make Oreo Ice Cream Cheesecake Pie.
Step One prepare.
Make the Oreo crust as indicated and in a springform pan. Then transfer the crust to the freezer to set. Meanwhile, crush half of the Oreos into chunks. Break the remaining cookies into large pieces.
Step Two: assemble the dessert.
While the crust is in the freezer you can work on the cheesecake layer. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar until smooth, and ½ cup of the ice cream until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in half of the Oreos that are in chunks. Remove the crust from the freezer and evenly spread the mixture over the crust. Return the crust to the freezer for another five to ten minutes to harden.
Step Three: complete the cake.
Take the crust out of the freezer and add the remaining ice cream to the top. Then top the cake with the remaining cookies and freeze until set. It should be ready to serve in a few hours but, I would wait overnight.
Oreo Ice Cream Cheesecake Pie, an easy and tasty dessert recipe idea that is both a cheesecake and an ice cream pie.
Oreo Ice Cream Cheesecake Pie
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 ½ cups Vanilla Ice Cream
See recipe for details on the Oreo Crust.
- Make the Oreo crust as indicated and in a springform pan. Then transfer the crust to the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile, crush half of the Oreos into chunks. Break the remaining cookies into large pieces.
- While the crust is in the freezer you can work on the cheesecake layer. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar until smooth, and ½ cup of the ice cream until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in half of the Oreos that are in chunks. Remove the crust from the freezer and evenly spread the mixture over the crust. Return the crust to the freezer for another five to ten minutes to harden.
- Take the crust out of the freezer and add the remaining ice cream to the top. Then top the cake with the remaining cookies and freeze until set. It should be ready to serve in a few hours but, I would wait overnight.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!