Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies is a simple recipe thanks to an easy hack.
I like that this recipe is so easy to make too!
Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies
This is a fun recipe that works for holidays such as Christmas and Valentines Day.
The best part is that the dry ingredients come from a box of cake mix!
Did you try my recipe for Chocolate Chip Toffee Cake Mix Cookies?
That is another simple recipe for cookies thanks to a box of cake mix.
Both cookie recipes are easy and tasty!
To make this recipe you will need a box Red Velvet Cake Mix. You can find Red Velvet Cake Mix here.
You may be wondering what makes a cake red velvet.
Red velvet cake, or cookies, is possibly most famous for its deep red coloring.
A true red velvet cake gets its deep red color thanks to the unsweetened cocoa powder.
The red color in red velvet cookies comes from the marriage of between ingredients.
As mentioned, one of these ingredients is the unsweetened cocoa powder.
However, the vinegar and buttermilk that goes into these recipes also works with the cocoa powder to make that beautiful red color.
What is the difference between chocolate cake and red velvet cake since both are made with cocoa?
Obviously, chocolate cake and red velvet cake differ in their color.
Also, the main ingredients in red velvet are cocoa powder, buttermilk, and vinegar as well.
You can think if chocolate cake as a true cake.
That is, chocolate cake is made with the basic ingredients that a cake is made with.
This would include flour, eggs, sugar, and a leavening agent.
Tips for making red velvet cookies.
I like a 'super moist' cake mix for these cookies.
This helps the cookies avoid drying out too much in the oven.
More tips for you
- If your cookie dough seems to be too thin to work with, try placing it into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes. This will help make the cookie dough easier to work with.
- Sometimes red velvet anything can stain. Wearing gloves and some sort of an apron can help prevent a problem for you.
- These cookies have white chocolate chips added to them. Feel free to omit the chocolate chips if you do not like white chocolate chips.
Personalize your holiday inspired cookies!
Yes, these cookies are fine just the way they are.
However, you can make them even more interesting!
Try one of these ideas.
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar on top of the cookies for added flavor.
- Instead of white chocolate chips, try holiday inspired chips such as red chocolate chips or green chocolate chips.
- Decorate your cookies with a bit of cream cheese frosting.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for cake mix cookies.
Using cake mix is such as simple hack to make baking these cookies even easier and faster.
This is because cake mix contains the dry ingredients that are also needed to make cookies already measured out.
We will add the other ingredients to the cake mix ingredients.
Then we will bake just like any other cookie recipe that is baked.
The cookies will need to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Ingredients needed to make these cookies.
- Red Velvet Cake Mix- 1 box.
- Vegetable Oil- ½ cup.
- Eggs- 2, at room temperature.
- White Chocolate Chips- 1 cup.
How to make Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies.
Step One: preparation.
Preheat the oven to 350.
Prep two baking sheets for nonstick.
I like using parchment paper for a recipe such as this one.
Step Two: combine the ingredients.
Place the cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
Use a fork or whisk to mix it around to break up any lumps.
Stir in the vegetable oil and then the eggs, mixing until just combined.
Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Step Three: bake the cookies.
Use a scoop or spoon to scoop out the cookies. Place the cookies about two to three cookies apart as they will spread. If the dough is too sticky or hard to work with, simply place it into the refrigerator.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the sides seem to be set. You will not see any browning most likely as these cookies are red.
Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to sit on the baking sheet for two minutes.
Then transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack.
Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies, a 4 ingredient Holiday cookie recipe for red velvet cookies made with white chocolate chips.
Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350.Prep two baking sheets for nonstick. Place the cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Use a fork or whisk to mix it around to break up any lumps.Stir in the vegetable oil and then the eggs, mixing until just combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a scoop or spoon to scoop out the cookies. Place the cookies about two to three cookies apart as they will spread. If the dough is too sticky or hard to work with, simply place it into the refrigerator.Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the sides seem to be set. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to sit on the baking sheet for two minutes. Then transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack.
originally posted:October 28, 2021
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!