Breakable Chocolate Heart DIY is really like a perfect gift idea.
I like that you can stuff the heart with all kinds of goodies too!
Breakable Chocolate Heart DIY
This is actually a simple recipe for making something I find impressive.
The heart is made with chocolate and is edible too!
Did you see my Kissing Clothespin DIY?
That clothespin project is a another cute idea of something that you can make for someone.
Both this candy heart and that clothespin project would go nicely together for a Valentines day gift idea!
To make this edible heart you will need a mold. You can use this Diamond Heart Mousse Cake Mold to make your chocolate heart with.
What is a breakable heart anyway?
We all know that a breakable heart can be interpreted as more of a human emotion.
People may say they have a broken heart when someone leaves them or moves on from them for example.
In this post idea a breakable heart may be a good thing however.
This breakable heart is made with chocolate and is entirely edible.
Even better, this heart can hold other goodies and gifts too!
People often ask where to buy breakable chocolate heart.
Finding a breakable and edible heart that you can buy can be difficult.
Also, it can be expensive (I have seen similar chocolate hearts for thirty dollars!).
Making this chocolate heart is actually a really simply thing to do.
It takes just a few ingredients to make this.
You can even fill it with more tasty treats!
Tips for making chocolate hearts.
Melting the chocolate is really easiest if you use a microwave.
It is really always a good idea to follow the melting instructions on the packaging as well.
More tips for you
- You will need to evenly spread the chocolate evenly over the entire heart mold. You can swirl the chocolate around to do so or use a pasty brush as needed.
- I like to use a small rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper as my workspace. Doing so makes it easier to transfer the heart as needed.
- Making a heart box with a top and a bottom is easy. However, I suggest that you fill the bottom heart with whatever goodies are going inside of the heart before attaching the top half.
Personalize this broken heart idea.
This is really a cute idea as is for making a simple chocolate heart.
It works great just the way that it is.
However, you could make your heart even more fun trying one of these ideas!
- Stir in a bit of booze such as rum with your melted chocolate to make this a 'boozy' heart.
- Decorate the outside of the heart with Valentines day candy.
- Add a small edible heart hammer with your gift idea to make it easier for someone to break the heart open!
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this breakable heart project.
This recipe makes a one sided breakable heart using chocolate.
To do so you will need to melt chocolate and allow it to set in the heart mold.
The heart can be used to hold other goodies such as candy.
To make this a two sided heart, simply double the chocolate that is used to line the heart mold with and use a second mold. You will need to attach the two hearts by use frosting or melted chocolate to attach the halves together.
Ingredients needed to make a chocolate breakable heart.
- Chocolate Melting Wafers- 6 ounces. Most chocolate wafer bags contain 12 ounces so simply use half. For Valentines day use red or pink wafers. Double this (hence, use the entire 12 ounce bag) if using two molds.
- White Chocolate Melting Wafers- 2 ounces. That is ⅙th of the wafers in your 12 ounce bag.
- Additional chocolate for melting for decoration.
- Sprinkles as needed for decorating.
How to make a Breakable Chocolate Heart.
Step One: prepare.
Make sure that your heart mold has been washed and fully dried.
Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper to use as your workspace.
Step Two: melt the chocolate.
I use a microwave and microwave-safe bowl.
Melt the red or pink chocolate wafers that you have selected according to the packaging. I microwave stopping every 30 seconds to stir to ensure that the chocolate wafers evenly melt.
When the chocolate has fully melted pour in into the mold. You will need to swirl the mold as needed to evenly distribute the melted chocolate. Using a pastry brush can also help.
Make sure that the chocolate covers the entire inside of the mold. Then place the chocolate coated mold on to the prepared rimmed baking sheet and wipe off any chocolate that is on the rim of the mold before placing it into the refrigerator to harden (about five minutes).
If you are making two sided heart simple double the chocolate that you melt and use two molds for this step.
Step Three: decorate the heart.
The heart mold that I have used came with letter molds. To make chocolate letters simply melt the white chocolate like you did the other chocolate and then repeat the molding steps that you followed for the heart.
To assemble the heart, carefully peel the mold away from the hardened chocolate.
Use melted chocolate to drizzle over the heart for decoration and to attach two halves together if you have chosen to do a full heart. You can also attach the letters to the heart using the melted chocolate.
Place anything under or inside of the your heart such as candy, jewelry, toys for the kids, and more! Use the hammer to break open!
Breakable Chocolate Heart DIY, Complete instructions for how to make an edible heart container that can hold other items.
Breakable Chocolate Heart DIY
- Diamond Heart Mousse Cake Mold
- Melt the red or pink chocolate wafers that you have selected according to the packaging. When the chocolate has fully melted pour in into the mold. You will need to swirl the mold as needed to evenly distribute the melted chocolate. Using a pastry brush can also help.Place the chocolate coated mold on to the prepared rimmed baking sheet and wipe off any chocolate that is on the rim of the mold before placing it into the refrigerator to harden (about five minutes).
- To assemble the heart, carefully peel the mold away from the hardened chocolate.Use melted chocolate to drizzle over the heart for decoration and to attach two halves together if you have chosen to do a full heart. You can also attach the letters to the heart using the melted chocolate.