How to Decorate for Spring on a Budget can be easy to do.
I like how simple décor touches can make a big difference in my home too!
8 Ways to Decorate for Spring on a Budget
Bringing a bit of spring into your home can be as simple as making one or two updates.
However, updating for the spring season does not have to cost a lot of money to do!
Did you see these 20 Spring Decorating Ideas?
There are ideas for spring decorating in that article that you may also find interesting.
Both these budget friendly ideas and those ideas can offer some inspiration to you too.
Finding inexpensive spring décor items can be a challenge. However, you can find a good selection of spring inspired ideas here.
People often ask how do you decorate for spring on a budget.
I like to think of spring as the bridge from winter to summer.
While the weather may be going back and forth, it is always good to know that there are flowers on the horizon.
Because spring is that bridge between seasons, adding a few touches to your décor is easier than you may think.
You can still hold on to some of your winter touches in spring if the weather is still cool.
But, you can also introduce a few spring ideas as well.
How do you decorate for spring?
Start by thinking about what spring reminds you of.
That is, when you think of spring, what are you reminded of.
Spring reminds just about everyone about going outdoors.
For those of use who live in a location that gets winter with snow, the thought of spring definitely inspires us to get outdoors.
This means that decorating for spring can also include that outdoor inspiration.
Tips for decorating for spring on a budget.
Start by taking an inventory of what you already have on hand that can bring a spring inspiration.
Also, decide on what your decorating budget is.
More tips for you
- Think of a color scheme that you would like to stick to. This will help you coordinate items that will be used in the same room or area.
- You do not need to make a lot of décor items to get that spring feeling in your home. Feel free to limit things to one or two item for spring.
- Some of the best bargains are in less obvious places. I like to hit thrift stores and garage sales for items that can be used as is or updated.
- Not sure where to start? Get inspired by other homes, garden store displays, and magazines.
- Get a bigger bang for your buck! Use items and ideas that can also carry into summer.
- Think about how you can use items. Dual purpose items such as blankets or throws that can be used for décor and to cover someone with.
1. Introduce spring inspired nature into your home décor.
Spring inspired nature can be easily found outside of your front door.
This is as simple as cutting a branch or two of a budding tree.
Here are some more examples of spring inspired nature.
- Spring flowers such as lilacs or lavender displayed in a glass bottle.
- Ivy or a vine, whether real or faux, strung along a bookshelf or over a window.
- Faux birds that can be attached to a blind or displayed on you table.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
2. Add yellow and pink to your décor.
These colors are bright and cheery.
Yellow and pink also synonymous with spring (and can easily go into summer!).
Here are some ways to use pink or yellow in your décor.
- A yellow throw that can also be used to also cover someone.
- Placing a simple yellow cushion or pink pillow that can be swapped out at the end of the season (discount store find!).
- A pink ribbon tied in a pretty bow around your curtain or candlestick holder.
3. A simple welcome mat for your front door.
The truth is that you probably could use a new door mat if your current mat has been through winter weather.
Also, a spring-inspired mat can get your through the summer.
Here are some ideas for front door mats.
- A mat with bright and cheery spring color(s) or a mat with flowers on it.
- Mats that say something other than 'Welcome" can seem like an easy update.
- Really cute door mats that are colorful and whimsical can be very welcoming.
4.Open up your Windows.
When you let in some fresh air and sunshine you can immediate bring in the weather and light on a nice day.
However, another way to open up your window area is to lighten up what is around the window.
Here are some simple ways that you can freshen up your windows.
- Use a simple and light in fabric and white in color window curtain or drape can lighten up the room for spring.
- Colorful ribbons can be used to tie your curtains and drapes back.
- A small potted flower plant can be displayed on the window sill.
5. How to perk up a bedroom for spring.
Perking up your bedroom can be as simple as adding a bit of color.
That touch of color can come from an inexpensive pillow or a vase on a table.
Here are some inexpensive ways to bring spring into your bedroom.
- An inexpensive spring inspired bedspread can bring spring (and summer) into your bedroom and keep you warm at night.
- A flower in a vase or plant in a pot displayed on your side table.
- A simple pink or yellow pillow on your bed.
6. Adding anything displayed in a basket can be an inexpensive touch.
You can display flowers, fruit, or a few books.
However, baskets can be used year round and personalized for the season with what you put into them.
Here are some ways to use baskets for your spring décor.
- You can spray paint an old basket to make it look new again.
- Seal the basket to waterproof it so that you can display a plant inside of it to bring outdoors.
- Paint colorful flowers on the basket for spring (or summer).
7. You can add a spring wreath to your front door.
- Look for a wreath that will fit your front door in size.
- Take into consideration how much room your wreath needs if you have a screen door.
- However, you can use a simple grapevine wreath with a few flowers in it or floral spring wreath .
8. Little touches that you can do around your home for spring.
There are small things that you can do around your home to make it feel like spring.
I like how easy and inexpensive it can be to do so too!
- Place a small jar upcycled to hold flowers in your bathroom.
- You can display Spring inspired towels and oven mitts for your kitchen.
- Place something that says spring, such as a chalk board (you can write "Spring" on it), somewhere in your home.