These really are the Easiest Ever Halloween Witch Cupcakes that I have ever made.
I really like how cute they are too!
Easiest Ever Halloween Witch Cupcakes
I am all for taking my time in the kitchen baking something tasty like Halloween inspired cupcakes.
However, sometime it just is not necessary to do so when you use the right hack.
Did you try my Oreo Mummy Recipe?
That is another fun Halloween inspired recipe that uses a hack to make it even easier.
This cupcake recipe would go great if served with that mummy cookie on a dessert table at a party or gathering!
These adorable witch cupcakes have edible eyes.
You can find a good selection of fun edible eyes here.
You may be wondering what makes this a Halloween cupcakes recipe.
It really is all about how the cupcakes are decorated.
While these cupcakes are not meant to be scary, they are meant to be fun.
The are several ways to make these cupcakes fun.
The colors that are used in these cupcake are fun in the Halloween sense, thanks to the frosting and sprinkles. Also, the decorations and and hat make these cupcakes even more Halloween witch authentic.
There are also some fun Halloween cupcake flavor ideas that you can used.
The base of the cupcakes, the cupcake themselves, are made with a chocolate cake mix recipe.
As a result, they are a deep brown- almost black color and chocolate in flavor.
Here is how you can change the cupcake flavor.
Using an orange cake mix can give you both a Halloween color and a different flavor.
Another option is to use a white cake or yellow cake mix and add food coloring and extract to get your own color and flavor.
Here are some tips for making Witch Cupcakes.
I just mentioned how you can make these cupcakes in a different color or flavor.
Also mentioned, was how you can change up the cupcake themselves.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- Ditch the cone hat and use a cookie with a chocolate kiss instead. You can stick them to the witch with a bit of melted chocolate or frosting
- Have fun with the hat by adjust how it sits on the top of the witch. Another option is to break off the tip of the hat.
- Add a Halloween pick to the cupcake to dress it up.
- Make your cupcakes in a Halloween cupcake liner.
- Easiest hack ever is to use already baked cupcakes (see your local grocery store/bakery for this!).
Make this a sugar free or low sugar witch cupcakes recipe.
Simply use sugar free ingredients instead of the ones indicated in the recipe ingredient list.
You can find a sugar free chocolate cake mix here.
Other recipe ingredients that you can use.
- Sugar Free Ice Cream Cones.
- Also, Sugar Free Cookies.
- And, Sugar Free Frosting (use white frosting with food color if needed).
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
Here are some more ideas that you may enjoy.
Easiest Ever Halloween Witch Cupcakes
This recipe for fun Witch inspired cupcakes has two parts.
The first part is actually baking the cupcakes.
The second part of this recipe are all about decorating the cupcakes.
To decorate the cupcakes we need to make the hat using an ice cream cone and melted chocolate. Then we will simple decorate and enjoy the cupcakes.
Ingredients needed to make Halloween cupcakes.
- Chocolate Cake mix- 1 (the hack, can use already baked cupcakes).
- Chocolate Chips- 1 cup or as needed.
- Vegetable Shortening or coconut oil- 1 tablespoon or as needed for a melting chocolate to a thin consistency.
- Ice Cream Cones.
- A round flat cookie for each cupcake.
- Halloween Sprinkles.
- Candy for nose (jelly bean or candy corn for example.)
- Frosting- suggested colors green, purple, and gray, use food coloring as needed.
How to make the Easiest Ever Halloween Witch Cupcakes
Step 1. Make the cupcakes as indicated on the packaging. Allow for the cupcakes to fully cool before decorating.
Step 2. Prepare the frosting for use. If you need to, use a white frosting separated into three bowls. Blend in enough drops of food coloring to achieve the desired colors- green, purple, and gray.
Step 3. In a microwave safe cup or bowl, melt the chocolate with a tablespoon of the vegetable shortened, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until melted. Then dip the ice cream cones and cookies into the melted chocolate and then place them on a plate or baking sheet that you can transfer them to the refrigerator on. Allow the chocolate to get hard (20-30 minutes) in the refrigerator.
Step 4. Assemble your witches. Suggested method although, you can do as you please here.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes, alternating colors as you wish.
- Next, pipe a line of frosting around the opening of the cone and place it in the center of the cookie to create the witch hat.
- Pipe frosting all the way around where the cookie and cone meet and pour on sprinkles to create a hat band.
- Use gray frosting to pipe hair on one side of the cupcake.
- Place the hat on top of each cupcake (use frosting or melted chocolate to attach).
- Finish by attaching the eyes and sprinkles using the melted chocolate and frosting to attach as needed.
Easiest Ever Halloween Witch Cupcakes, making these fun dessert treats is even easier thanks to this simple hack.
EASIEST EVER HALLOWEEN WITCH CUPCAKES
- Make the cupcakes as indicated on the packaging. Allow for the cupcakes to fully cool before decorating. Prepare the frosting for use. If you need to, use a white frosting separated into three bowls. Blend in enough drops of food coloring to achieve the desired colors- green, purple, and gray.
- In a microwave safe cup or bowl, melt the chocolate with a tablespoon of the vegetable shortened, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until melted. Then dip the ice cream cones and cookies into the melted chocolate and then place them on a plate or baking sheet that you can transfer them to the refrigerator on. Allow the chocolate to get hard (20-30 minutes) in the refrigerator.
- Assemble your witches. -see post for details
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!