EASY Air Fryer Donuts Recipe that about anyone can agree on.
These simple donuts are fluffy, moist and sweet made better with the glaze that goes on top.
EASY Air Fryer Donuts Recipe made with canned biscuits.
You can easily make these donuts without having to fry them in oil.
I like these donuts can be made in less than 20 minutes.
Did you try my Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Those cookies are so easy to make and they can be made in batches (refrigerate the cookie dough to make more cookies later!) Both of these recipes are quick and tasty ideas that can be made in an air fryer.
To cut out the holes from the donuts, you will need a one inch round cookie cutter. You can find one inch round cookie cutters here.
Frequently asked questions about homemade donuts.
Making donuts from scratch takes a bit of work.
You first need to measure out each of the ingredients and then you need to fry the donuts in oil before adding any toppings.
However, you can make donut making even easier to do.
First, use a premade dough or pre-measured batter.
Then bake or air fry the donuts rather than going through the trouble of frying them in oil.
Good donuts can be measured by the quality of their appearance as well as how they taste. Freshness and presentation is also important.
When it comes to quality, a donut should be well shaped and cooked until just browned so that the donut is moist and fluffy on the inside. As flavor goes, while taste is usually subjective, sugar usually has something to do with a good tasting donut.
Tips for making air fryer donuts.
After cutting out the center of the donuts to make the holes, save the center dough. You can use the holes to make air fried donut holes to enjoy!
More tips for you
- This is one of those recipes that it may be a good idea to give the air fryer basket a quick spray with oil. Use coconut oil spray for added flavor to these donuts.
- While these donuts are best when served warm, it is a good idea to first allow the glaze to set first.
- Store leftover donuts in an airtight container. They should keep for a couple of days at room temperature.
How to make donuts even better.
These donuts are really tasty as they are.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add a teaspoon or two of unsweetened cocoa powder to your glaze to make it chocolate.
- Instead of punching out a hole in the center, stuff a bit of jam in the center.
- Ditch the glaze and dip your donuts first in butter and the in cinnamon sugar.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this recipe for air fryer donuts.
This is a simple and quick homemade donut recipe.
The donuts are made with flaky biscuit dough rather than making dough from scratch.
To make these donuts we will first use a cookie cutter to cut out the center of each of the biscuits.
Then we will air fry the donuts. Once the donut have cooled, we can dip the them into the glaze before enjoying!
Ingredients needed to make homemade biscuit donuts.
- Flaky Biscuit Dough. Use the refrigerated store bought dough (16-17 ounce can).
- Cooking spray. My donuts were made with a coconut oil spray.
- Powdered Sugar. Used to make the glaze.
- Heavy Whipping Cream. To combine with the powdered sugar to make the glaze with.
- Vanilla Extract. Adds a bit of flavor to the glaze.
- Water. As needed to the consistency of the glaze.
Expert Tip 👉 Top your donuts with sprinkles to make them even prettier!
How to make this Air Fryer Donuts Recipe.
Yields 8 donuts (plus 8 donut holes)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Step One: prepare.
Lay out parchment paper or prepare a clean workspace. Then remove the biscuits from the can, carefully separate them from on another, and place them on your clean workspace. Lastly, spray your air fryer basket with the coconut oil spray.
Step Two make the donuts.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out the centers from each of the donuts. You can save the holes to use later if desired.
- Place the donuts into the prepared basket so that they do not overlap.
- Air fry the donuts at 350 for about three minutes and then flip them over.
- Continue to air fry until the donuts are golden brown (about five minutes total).
- Let the donuts cool on a rack or plate.
Expert Tip 👉 Place your donuts in the air fryer basket leaving enough room between them for the air to circulate. In most egg shaped air fryers, you will be able to fit four donuts and make this recipe in two batches.
Step Three: finish making the donuts.
To make the glaze, use a shallow bowl to combine the glaze ingredients. Make sure that the donuts are fully cooled before glazing them.
Pick up each individual donut up from the cooking area and flip it over, dipping it halfway into the glaze. Then set the donuts back to the cooling area to allow for the glaze to set. You can sprinkle topping on top as the glaze sets.
In case you missed something..
Air Fryer Donuts Recipe, a simple dessert recipe for making delicious glazed donuts, using canned biscuits, baked in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Donuts Recipe,
- 1 Flaky Biscuit Dough
- 1 Cooking Spray
- Lay out parchment paper or prepare a clean workspace. Then remove the biscuits from the can, carefully separate them from on another, and place them on your clean workspace. Lastly, spray your air fryer basket with the coconut oil spray.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out the centers from each of the donuts. You can save the holes to use later if desired. Place the donuts into the prepared basket so that they do not overlap.
- Air fry the donuts at 350 for about three minutes and then flip them over. Continue to air fry until the donuts are golden brown (about five minutes total). Let the donuts cool on a rack or plate.
- To make the glaze, use a shallow bowl to combine the glaze ingredients. Pick up each individual donut up from the cooking area and flip it over, dipping it halfway into the glaze. Then set the donuts back to the cooling are to allow for the glaze to set. You can sprinkle topping on top as the glaze sets.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:February 22, 2023
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to try any of the ideas listed in this article please tag on social media @diyandfun. We like to hear your ideas and suggestions.
DIY and Fun is a website dedicated to providing you with the best DIY projects, crafts, recipes, hiking, and fun ideas that inspire. Whether you're looking for a new way to decorate your home, learn a new skill, or simply have some fun, DIY and Fun has something for everyone.
Here are some additional ways to keep coming back to DIY and Fun: