10 Minute Holiday Cake Pops is possibly the easiest treat you will make this Christmas season.
I like that these cake pops taste like moist cake in the center with sweet toppings on the outside.
Easiest Ever 10 Minute Holiday Cake Pops
This is a simple recipe for turning donut holes into cake pops.
Cake pops are a popular treat or dessert idea that are easy to make and easy to serve!
Did you see my recipe for Reindeer Rice Krispie Pops ?
That krispie treat cake pop recipe is another cute idea for the holiday season. Both this cake donut hole cake pop and that krispie treat pop would go great when served together!
To make and serve these cake pops, you will need cake pop sticks. You can find a selection of cake pop sticks here(some with stands too!).
Frequently asked questions about cake pops.
A cake pop is intended to be like a cake and a lollipop.
That is, cake+lollipop= cake pop.
Cake pops look like a golf ball sized ball on a stick. That ball is made with cake, or cake-like batter, and then covered with chocolate and other toppings.
I have several trick that can help.
1️⃣ Use cake or donut holes that are not crumbly, refrigerating or freezing helps.
2️⃣ When sticking the stick into the ball, do not stick in too far.
3️⃣ Allow the cake balls to fully set before serving them.
Tips for making cake pops.
Really, the easiest way to make these cake pops is to visit your local bakery and purchase donut holes. However, you can also make your own donut holes if you desire to.
More tips for you
- Before sticking the stick into your donut holes, dip the tip of the stick going into the hole in chocolate first. This will help the stick stay in place better.
- Also, when when sticking the stick into the holes, go about ¾ of the way at most into each of the holes. Sticking the sticks too far into the pops can results in the stick going through the holes entirely.
- While making and eating these cake pops is suitable for most ages, some folks may need some assistance. This is especially true with young children (this is a similar precaution to the everyday lollipop kind of precaution).
How to make cake pops better.
This is really a simple, yet tasty treat idea.
You can however make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- After dipping the cake pop in melted chocolate, sprinkle on some shredded coconut or chopped nuts.
- Wrap the cake pops in a cake pop bag to give away as gifts.
- Stick the cake pop stick into the center of a cupcake liner to help keep the crumbs to a minimum.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this easy diy Christmas Cake Pop idea.
This is a simple recipe for turning a donut hole into a festive cake pop.
To make this recipe, you can use store bought or homemade donut holes.
To make this recipe, we will first stick a cake pop stick into each of the donut holes.
Then we will dip each of the donut holes into melted chocolate wafers. Lastly, we will add to optional toppings
Ingredients needed to make Christmas Cake Pops.
- Donut Holes. Store bought donut holes work well as do homemade. If your donut holes are freshly made, it is suggested that you freeze or refrigerate them first.
- Chocolate Melting Wafers and White Chocolate Melting Wafers. We will coat the cake pops with these.
- Edible holiday sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or toppings of your choice.
- You will also need cake pop sticks and a stand to hold the pops while the set.
How to make 10 Minute Holiday Cake Pops
Yields: 12 pops | Prep Time: 5-10 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 10-15 minutes
Step One: prepare.
Select donut holes that are intact and a firm rather than crumble. Place a cake pop stick into each of donut holes about three quarters through. Lastly, prepare your topping by placing each in an individual shallow bowl. For sprinkles, if they are in a shaker bottle, simple prepare a small plate
or bowl to catch the excess sprinkles.
Expert Tip 👉 Day old donut holes work well in this recipe as they are less crumbly. For fresher donut holes, you can place them into your freezer first.
Step Two: Melt the chocolate wafers.
In individual microwave safe bowls, melt the chocolate wafers according the instructions on the packaging. I melt mine for about a minute, stopping to stir every 15 seconds, until melted.
Step Three: Decorate your cake pops.
Working quickly, dip each individual cake pop into the melted chocolate, using a spoon as needed to evenly spread the chocolate to cover the cake pop. Then top the cake pops with the toppings. Allow the cake pops to sit on the pop stand to set.
Expert Tip👉When covering the donut hole with chocolate and the sprinkles you can use a small spoon to help cover the donut ball.
Table of contents for this recipe idea.
10 Minute Holiday Cake Pops, a simple diy recipe for turning donut holes into Christmas holiday treats or desserts.
10 Minute Holiday Cake Pops
- Place a cake pop stick into each of donut holes about three quarters through. Prepare your toppings by placing each in an individual shallow bowl. For sprinkles, if they are in a shaker bottle, simple prepare a small plate or bowl to catch the excess sprinkles.
- In individual microwave safe bowls, melt the chocolate wafers according the instructions on the packaging.
- Working quickly, dip each individual cake pop into the melted chocolate, using a spoon as needed to evenly spread the chocolate to cover the cake pop. Then top the cake pops with the toppings.
- Allow the cake pops to sit on the pop stand to set.