Nutter Butter Mummies are really a fun idea.
This yummy cookie recipe is especially fun during the fall Halloween season because they are after all, mummies.
Easy Nutter Butter Chocolate Mummies
This is a simple recipe for turing a basic cookie into a yummy white chocolate coated mummy!
The mummy cookies can be eaten as is or used to decorate something else such as a cake.
Did you see my Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe
Those mummy brownies are also fun to serve during the fall Halloween season. Both this mummy cookie and that mummy brownie would be fun to serve together at a gathering or for dessert.
To make this recipe you will need sandwich cookies, such as Nutter Butters, that are shaped like a peanut. You can find Nutter Butter Cookies here.
Certainly, you can enjoy eating them just the way they are. You can also share these tasty cookies with your friends.
Here are some more ideas for mummy cookies.
✔ Place one on top of a cupcake, like mine are.
✔ Use the cookies as cake decorations.
✔ Serve the cookies on a Halloween inspired charcutier style board with fruit, nuts, and other goodies!
I would store these cookies in an airtight container.
If you are storing them stacked, make sure that they are fully set first and use parchment or wax paper between the layers.
If properly stored, these cookies should stay good for about four to five days at room temperature or for up to a week refrigerated.
Tips for making Nutter Butter Chocolate Mummies.
More tips for you
- As mentioned, my mummies were made using a peanut shaped sandwich cookie. You could however use another (not round) cookie if desired.
- Use a rimmed baking sheet that can fit in your refrigerator as a holding area for your cookies. This also will make it easier to transfer the cookies for cooling because you can transport them too.
- The bandages on my mummies were made with the remaining melted almond bark that was piped on. An easier way to make your bandages is to simply use icing that is already made and in a tube.
How to personalize mummy cookies.
Yes, these cookies are super cute just the way they are. However, you could make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Make your mummies another color by adding a few drops of food coloring.
- Sprinkle on some halloween edible decorations.
- Instead of cookies, use small granola bars.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
👇👇You may also be interested in these ideas.👇👇
About this Nutter Butter Cookie Mummy Recipe.
This is a simple recipe for turning a peanut shaped cookie into a mummy. However, while my mummy cookies were made using a peanut shaped cookie, about any non round shaped cookie could work.
To make this cookie your will need to first melt the almond bark.
The cookies will first be dipped into the melted almond bark. Then, once the cookies have cooled, we can add the eyes and decorations.
Ingredients needed to make Nutter Butter Chocolate Mummies.
How to make Easy Nutter Butter Chocolate Mummies.
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Active Time: 15 minutes.
Yield: 18 cookies (mummies).
Step One: prepare.
First, line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper. Then, select 18 cookies that are intact.
Step Two: melt the almond bark and dip the cookies.
Start by melting your almond bark according to the directions on the packaging. However, I melt mine in a microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir every 20 seconds, until smooth and melted. Next, you can use a dipper, fork, or spoon to dip each cookie into the melted chocolate. Then you can place the dipped cookie on to the prepared baking sheet. Lastly, transfer your cookies to your refrigerator for about five minutes to set.
Expert Tip👉 Use one hand to dip the cookies and then the other hand to use a spoon to guide the melted chocolate over the cookie to thus fully coat it.
Step Three: add the elements.
To adhere the edible eyes to the mummy, first place a couple of dots of the melted chocolate where the eyes will go. Then place the eyes on top dots. Lastly, draw the bandages on to the mummies using the remaining melted chocolate and a piping bag or zip top bag with a cut corner. Finally, you can enjoy the cookie!
Table of contents for this mummy cookie recipe.
Easy Nutter Butter Chocolate Mummies, a simple diy recipe idea for decorating cookies with white chocolate to look like a mummy.
Easy Nutter Butter Chocolate Mummies
- 12 oz Almond Bark
- 18 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 36 Edible Eyes
- Melt the almond bark according to the packaging. I melt mine in a microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir every 20 seconds, until smooth and melted.
- Use a dipper, fork, or spoon to dip each cookie into the melted chocolate. Then place the dipped cookie on to the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the cookies to your refrigerator for about five minutes to set.
- Place a couple of dots of the melted chocolate where the eyes will go. Then place the eyes on top dots.
- Lastly, draw the bandages on to the mummies using the remaining melted chocolate and a piping bag or zip top bag with a cut corner.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!