Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe that is easy to make and fun to serve.
I like that there are so many ways to personalize these treats to make them even better!
Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe
Decorating brownies to look like mummies is a fun idea for the Halloween season.
The brownies will still have that chocolate yummy taste as well!
Did you try my idea for How to make Mummy Oreo Cookies?
That Oreo mummy idea is another fun and tasty way to enjoy a Halloween inspired treat. Both this brownie mummy idea and that Oreo mummy idea would really be fun to serve together!
Brownie mummies look really cute in part thanks to their edible eyes. You can find a variety of edible eyes here.
A 'Halloween Mummy' is a mummy that is specific to Halloween.
That is, rather than being an actual 'mummified' anything, a Halloween Mummy is really just a nod to a 'spooktacular' time of the year.
A Halloween mummy can be a decoration, costume, or even part of clothing.
In the case of this recipe how-to, a Halloween is basically a baked brownie that is decorated to look like a mummy.
In this case of this recipe, a Mummy Brownie is a brownie that is decorated to look like a mummy. The intention is simply to make the treats more fun and festive.
Do you have to use brownies?
Really, as long as it is edible, you can attempt to decorate it, with edible ingredients, to look like a mummy. For example, you could sneak in some vegetables if you wanted to 😉.
Tips for making decorated brownies.
As long as your brownies have been baked and fully cooled, they should be good to go in a recipe like this one. You can certainly save some time by using store-bought brownies to decorate like mummies.
More tips for you
- To make the lines using the frosting, you can use a piping bag a zip top bag with a corner snipped off. The easiest way, and perhaps friendliest to young helpers, can be to use frosting tubes such as these.
- Make these brownies even more fun to serve. Place each mummy in a Halloween cupcake liner or Halloween food bag.
- These brownies can be stored at room temperature. However, they should be kept in an airtight container.
Personalize Halloween brownies to make them even more fun!
Yes, these mummy brownies are cute, east, and yummy.
However, you can make your brownies even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Use a flavored or different kind of brownies such as caramel or peanut butter brownies.
- Or, you can use colorful frosting rather than the usual white.
- Use many eyes, one big eye, or even green edible eyes for your mummies.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for mummy brownies.
This recipe takes your basic brownie and turns it into a mummy.
Yes, it is basically a decorated brownie.
To make this brownie idea, you will need baked brownies.
The baked brownies should be baked and allowed to fully cool first.
Premade or store-bought baked brownies can also work fine in this recipe.
Ingredients needed to make decorated brownies.
- Baked Brownies. You can cut your brownies in the size(s) of your choice to get the total amount of mummies desired.
- Frosting. Use a white frosting as white frosting can also have a few drops of food coloring if needed.
- Powdered Sugar. Blending powdered sugar with the frosting can make the frosting set better. This is an optional idea as frosting itself already has plenty of sugar in it.
- For decorating, edible eyes and optional edible Halloween decorations.
How to make this Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe
Step One: make the brownies.
Bake the brownies according to the directions on a box or recipe. Allow the brownies to fully cool Then, cut the brownies into servings.
Expert Tip Line your baking pan with parchment paper that overhangs the sides of the pan. This will make it easier for you to lift the brownies out of the pan for slicing.
Step Two: make the mummy wrap.
Use a piping bag or zip top bag with a corner snipped off. Starting at the top left corner of each brownie, apply the frosting in a zig-zag motion until you reach the bottom right corner. However, leave a bit of space where the eyes will go on the top of the brownie.
Step Three: add the eyes.
Add a small dab of frosting in the location where each eye will go. Then carefully place the eye on top of the frosting. Since these are mummies, you can use as many eye as you want to! Lastly, add any optional extra edible decorations.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe, a simple halloween inspired dessert idea for decorating brownies to look like mummies.
Table of contents for Mummy Brownies
- Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe
- Tips for making decorated brownies.
- Personalize Halloween brownies to make them even more fun!
- About this recipe for mummy brownies.
- Ingredients needed to make decorated brownies.
- How to make this Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe
Halloween Mummy Brownies Recipe
- Bake the brownies according to the directions on a box or recipe. Allow the brownies to fully cool Then, cut the brownies into servings.
- Use a piping bag or zip top bag with a corner snipped off. Starting at the top left corner of each brownie, apply the frosting in a zig-zag motion until you reach the bottom right corner. Leave a bit of space where the eyes will go on the top of the brownie.
- Add a small dab of frosting in the location where each eye will go. Then carefully place the eye on top of the frosting.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this idea and others!