There is so much to like about these Tasty and Easy Unicorn Pretzels.
I like that the pretzels taste like chocolate coated salty crunchy pretzels with a bit fun thrown in.
Unicorn Pretzels are colorful and tasty.
Yes, these pretzels are white chocolate coated pretzels.
However, these pretzels are also accented with colorful and tasty details.
Did you try my Easy Unicorn Cheesecake Bars?
That recipe for cheesecake bars is also an easy recipe inspired by unicorns. This recipe for pretzels and that recipe for for cheesecake bars would go nicely together when served for a gathering or party.
The white chocolate coating on these pretzels is made using candy melts. You can find white candy melts here.
A Unicorn is a 'mythical' animal.
That is, it is a made up idea of an animal, usually for fun.
As a result, unicorn food is what we think these mythical animals would eat if they were real. Unicorns are commonly associated with fun colors such as purples, pinks, and blues which is why we use these colors when depicting unicorn food.
Well, since these pretzels are white chocolate coated pretzels, eating them seems like the best idea. However, these colorful treats also have other uses.
✅ Place a pretzel on to of a cupcake or cake.
✅ Wrap a pretzel or two in a cellophane bag with a tie to give as a gift.
✅ These tasty pretzels are perfect for serving at a birthday party or celebration.
Tips for making chocolate coated pretzels.
More tips for you
- It is not uncommon for the melted butter to be too thick to coat the pretzel. A quick fix to this is to add a small (one teaspoon) amount of melted coconut oil to thin out the consistency of the chocolate.
- If your chocolate starts to get too thick when dipping, simply reheat it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Then stir the melted chocolate.
- My pretzels have a colorful unicorn-ish icing drizzled over them. You can use already made icing in a tube to do this.
Personalize white chocolate coated pretzels.
Yes, this is a simple recipe that is great just the way that it is.
However, you can choose to make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add a half to whole teaspoon of flavor extract, such as vanilla or butterscotch, to the melted chocolate.
- Use Unicorn Sprinkles to decorate your pretzels.
- Add a Unicorn Candy to each pretzel using a bit of melted chocolate to hold it in place..
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for unicorn inspired pretzels.
This is a white chocolate coated pretzel recipe with unicorn inspired colorful details.
To make this recipe we will need to melt the chocolate first.
I always tell people to follow the melting directions on the packaging when it comes to melting chocolate.
Using a microwave is an efficient way to melt chocolate.
I stop the microwave every 30 seconds to stir the melting chocolate until it is smooth.
Adding a bit of coconut oil can also help smooth the chocolate out.
Ingredients needed to make unicorn pretzels.
- Hard Pretzels. I like pretzel rods or sour dough pretzels for this recipe.
- White Candy Melts. Almond bark can also be used.
- Icing. Select unicorn colors such as pink, purple and blue. Alternatively, you can use colorful candy melts and a piping bag.
- Edible Unicorn Decorations or Sprinkles.
How to make Easy Unicorn Pretzels
Servings: 8-10 depending on the pretzels you use.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Active time: 15 minutes
Dry time: 20 minutes.
Step One: prepare.
Line one or two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
Select pretzels that are whole and in good condition.
Step Two: melt the chocolate.
It is always best to follow the directions on the packaging for how to melt the chocolate.
I like to place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until melted, stopping every 15-30 seconds to stir for even melting.
Once the chocolate has fully melted, stir in the optional coconut oil until you get a good consistency.
Place the melted chocolate in a bowl that can be used for dipping into if the bowl that you used to melt in is not suitable.
Expert tip👉 For larger unicorn decorations, you can use a dab of fondant or icing to attach them to the pretzels.
Step Three: decorate the pretzels.
Carefully use a fork in one hand to pick up the first pretzel. You can use a spoon if your pretzels are not looped. Dip each of the pretzels into the chocolate and using a spoon in the other hand, guide the melted chocolate around the pretzel. Then give the pretzel a quick shake over the bowl to release any dripping chocolate. Place the pretzel on to the prepared baking sheet. It may be a good idea to add the sprinkles white the chocolate is still soft.
When all of the pretzels are covered in chocolate you can add any optional toppings (icing, melted colorful chocolate, etc.) and then refrigerate (10-15 minutes) until the chocolate is hard before serving.
Easy Unicorn Pretzels, yummy white chocolate coated pretzel snacks with colorful and fun unicorn inspired accents.
Easy Unicorn Pretzels,
- 10 Pretzels - see post for details and alternatives.
- 5 oz White Candy Melts - see post for details and alternatives.
- Icing. - see post for details and alternatives.
Edible Unicorn Decorations , Sprinkles, Etc.
- Melt the White Candy Melts as directed on the packaging. Use a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip or coat the pretzels in the melted chocolate. Then place them on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet.
- To decorate the pretzels, use the icing or melted colorful wafers. Also, add sprinkles or desired toppings.
- Refrigerate (10-15 minutes) until the chocolate is hard before serving.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Similar Ideas You May Be Interested In.
- Melt the chocolate wafers.
Follow the directions on the packaging to melt the wafers.
- Coat the pretzels.
Following the steps in the directions, coat the pretzels with the melted wafer chocolate.
- Decorate the pretzels and set.
Add the icing and colorful toppings to the pretzels. Then allow the ingredients to set.