The End of Summer Family Bucket List is for those of us who want to get the most out of the summer.
This list is for anyone looking at the end of summer and remembering that there is still so much to do!
This is an End of Summer Family Bucket List .
A list or reminder for families of fun activities.
These activities are summer specific for many of us.
Did you see my listing for 50 Cheap or Free Summer Activities for Families?
That listing is packed with fun things that can be done on a dime. Many of those ideas would also work great on an end of summer bucket list!
Spending time together can be as simple as having a family game night. You can find a selection of family games that may work for you here.
A bucket list is a common expression that really has little to do with an actual bucket. However, it may have gotten started when someone said 'before I kick the bucket'.
Bucket list is a list of things people want to get done before a certain time, event or date. This bucket list includes things you may want to do before the summer and warm weather ends.
This is really a list that is made according to what your needs. That is, a bucket list is a list of things that you want to do or see.
This listing may include doing things that may limited dependent on other factors. These factors include weather, seasonal availability, and time constraints.
Tips for planning family time.
Planning family activities can be easier to do when everyone is involved.
Start with a family meeting and allow for input from all.
More tips for you
- Plan a calendar with dates and time. Make sure that everyone knows that those times and days are for family fun.
- Set a budget. Your budget can include a 'splurge' idea and 'free' ideas.
- Include activities that can be done at home, near home, or a drive away. This will help you plan out the amount of time that should be scheduled also.
End of the summer End of Summer Family Bucket List at home.
Fun activities for families around the home include indoor and outdoor activates. While the end of the summer activities can be fun, it can also be a good time to get chores and projects done.
Here are some end of the summer ideas around the home.
- Have a lemonade or bake sale stand. Proceeds can benefit a local animal shelter or charity.
- Have a Family Glamping Night where you can roast marshmallows and camp outside.
- Do a family movie night with 'summer' movies.
- Bake cookies or make a meal together as a family.
- Enjoy your family history by watching family movies and looking at photos from summer vacations and holidays.
- End of the summer clean your home.
- Clean out closets gathering items that can be sold at a garage sale or donated.
- Have a garage sale and decide as a family how to spend the money made.
- Have a family game night outside.
- Start your fall garden. Plant some mums.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
End of Summer Family Bucket List ideas that are close to home.
These ideas include things that you can do in your hometown or close by. Visit places that when you pass by you tell yourself you need to check that out sometime.
Here are some bucket list ideas for around town.
- Go on a family bike ride around your neighborhood.
- Go on a nature hike. Here are some Fun Nature Activities For Kids
- Fly a kite at your local park.
- Visit a local garden before it is too late.
- Visit websites for your park district, chamber of commerce, and visitors bureau to get ideas for what to do as if you are a visitor in your town.
- Check out a local petting zoo.
- Discover fishing even if you just watch or throw the fish back
- Go for a family run at a local track.
- Play basketball at a school or park court.
- Go to a beach or hill to watch the sunset.
- Have a picnic.
- Check out a drive-in theater.
End of Summer Family Bucket List activities that may be a drive away.
While these activity ideas are not in your town or backyard, they may be just a drive away. Here is a listing of road trip games for families.
- Visit a state park for some hiking or camping.
- Hit a late in the season baseball game. Many teams have giveaways or deals going on.
- Find a park or beach in another town to visit and have a picnic at.
- Take a bike tour in another town.
- Visit family or friends that you have been meaning to visit.
- Find an open pumpkin patch. They tend to be less crowded when they first open for the season.
- Hit a theme park. Many have deals going at the end of summer.
- This is a great time to hit apple orchards. Many have apples in season early too!
- Visit a children's museum. Many of these museums have outdoor exhibits too.
- Visit a beach and collect shells or water and sand in a jar.
The End of Summer Family Bucket List , the ultimate listing for fun family friendly activities to enjoy before fall.
Table of contents for this article.
How to use this listing.
- Visit the tip section.
The tips section offers suggestions on how to plan out your to do list.
- Read the sections with the lists.
These sections include list ideas that are around the home, town, and a drive away.
- Make your list.
Use the ideas listed and add your own to make your bucket or to do list.
- Have fun.
Enjoy your bucket list activities!