3 Ingredient Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies that are so easy to make.
These cookies are a have a tasty soft chocolate chip outside with a lush and nutty center.
Super Easy 3 Ingredient Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe is one of the best hacks ever in my opinion.
It is a perfect fail-proof recipe idea when you are in a pinch, want a quick dessert or treat, or are in need of the perfect yummy gift to give to someone.
Did you try my Malted Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
Those chocolate chip cookies have malted milk balls added to them. Both this peanut butter cup cookies and those malted milk ball cookies are tasty ways to make a chocolate chip cookie even better!
These cookies are decorated with candy melts. You can find a selection of candy melts here.
Frequently asked questions about peanut butter cup cookies.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are possibly the most famous peanut butter cup candy. People seem to love the crunchy chocolate coating surrounding a lush sweet peanut butter center.
While these peanut butter cups are a delicious treat on their own, they can also be part of something else. Peanut butter cups works great as a decoration for a baked cake or cupcake, as part of a snack mix with crunchy cereal and pretzels, or as part of a cookies (like we are making here).
Obviously, we all have different opinions on what tastes good and what does not taste good. However, there are a few points that most of us can agree upon when it comes to cookies tasting good.
🟣A freshly made cookie using fresh ingredients.
🔴Cookies with a balance of sweet and salty ingredients.
🟡Textures that may include a soft cookie with crunchy elements
🔵Favorite flavors such as chocolate, sugar, or peanut butter.
Tips for making peanut butter cookies.
While you could use a basic homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe, my cookies were made using store bought cookie dough. The premade cookie dough makes this recipe even easier and quicker to make.
More tips for you
- Before baking the cookies, use the backside of a melon baller or similar object to make an indent in the center of each of the cookies. This will make it easier to to press the candy in place later on.
- Freezing the peanut butter cups overnight before using them in this recipe can help them keep their shape better when they are added to the cookies. It will also be easier to remove the wrappers from them.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the pans. To remove, use a butter knife or spoon to lift from the sides of the cookie. Place the cookies on a wire rack.
Personalize these easy peanut butter cup cookies.
These cookies are amazingly delicious and easy just the way they are.
However, you can make yours even better!
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of using chocolate chip cookie dough, use another dough such as white chocolate cookie dough.
- Try a different kind of peanut butter cup such as white chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Personalize your cookies for a specific holiday or celebration using sprinkle and wafers for that occasion.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this recipe for Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
This is a simple recipe for chocolate chip cookies made with peanut butter cups.
The cookie portion of this recipe features basic store bought cookie dough.
To make this recipe we will first bake the cookies in mini muffin pans.
Then we will add a peanut butter cup to each of the cookies. Lastly, we will add the toppings.
Ingredients needed to make Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. You can use your favorite homemade recipe or a premade dough. My cookies were made with a 30 ounce refrigerated cookie store bought cookie dough.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Use miniature Reese's Cups for best results.
- Candy Melt Wafers. The melted wafers will be drizzled over the cookies for decoration.
- Optional- candy sprinkles for decoration.
How to make 3 Ingredient Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies
Step One: Make the cookies.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare two mini-muffin pans well for nonstick.
- Using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and and roll each scooped dough into a ball.
- Place each of the balls into its own muffin well in the pan.
- Use the backside of a measuring spoon to make an indent in the center of each of the cookies.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes or until the tops turn golden brown.
Step Two: while the cookies are baking.
While the cookies are baking unwrap each of the candies and then discard the wrappers.
Step Three: finish making the cookies.
Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup into the center indent that you made in each of the cookies. Then allow the cookies to fully cool before removing them from the pans. Place the cooled cookies on a wire rack.
Lastly, decorate the cooled cookies.
Follow the directions on the packaging for melting the wafers (I use the microwave method). Then use a piping bag to pipe the melted wafers over the cookies. Alternatively, you can use cookie icing that is already in a tube and ready to go!
Expert Tip👉 To remove, the cookies from the muffin pans use a butter knife or spoon to lift from the sides of the cooled cookies.
Table of contents for this idea.
- Super Easy 3 Ingredient Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies
- Frequently asked questions about peanut butter cup cookies.
- Tips for making peanut butter cookies.
- Personalize these easy peanut butter cup cookies.
- About this recipe for Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
3 Ingredient Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies, a simple and delicious 15 minute dessert or snack recipe idea for making a yummy cookie.
3 Ingredient Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies,
- 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough -refrigerated or homemade
- 48 Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Melting Wafers, icing, decorations..
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.Prepare two mini-muffin pans well for nonstick.
- Using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and and roll each scooped dough into a ball.Place each of the balls into its own muffin well in the pan.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes or until the tops turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a peanut butter cup into the center indent that you made in each of the cookies. Then allow the cookies to fully cool before removing them from the pans. Place the cookies on a wire rack.
- Lastly, decorate the cooled cookies. Follow the directions on the packaging for melting the wafers (I use the microwave method). Then use a piping bag to pipe the melted wafers over the cookies.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to try any of the ideas listed in this article please tag on social media @diyandfun. We like to hear your ideas and suggestions.
DIY and Fun is a website dedicated to providing you with the best DIY projects, crafts, recipes, hiking, and fun ideas that inspire. Whether you're looking for a new way to decorate your home, learn a new skill, or simply have some fun, DIY and Fun has something for everyone.
Here are some additional ways to keep coming back to DIY and Fun:
- Sign up for our email newsletter. We'll send you weekly updates with new projects, inspiration, and more.
- Follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Our community forum is coming soon. Share your projects, ask questions, and get inspired by other DIYers.
We hope to see you soon!
-Mary and Mike.