(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Best Creamy Eggnog Fudge Recipe that is also simple to make.
This festive eggnog fudge has a sweet taste and lush texture in every bite!
Best Creamy Eggnog Fudge Recipe
This is really a simple fudge recipe that has an eggnog flavor flavor in every bite.
Eggnog fudge is the perfect snack, dessert, or gift idea during the Christmas holiday season!
Did you try me Really Easy Gingerbread Fudge
That gingerbread fudge us another Christmas holiday treat that you may like. Both this eggnog fudge and that gingerbread would go nicely when served together at a party or gathering!
My fudge has been seasonably flavored with rum extract (nonalcoholic). You can find rum extract here.
Frequently asked questions about holiday fudge.
A good holiday fudge is one that tastes and visually reminds us of the holiday.
This is a fudge that is set well, looks amazing, and tastes rich and lush like it should.
To make perfect fudge, use fresh ingredients that are also measured correctly. Also, following the directions is essential as the fudge needs to be cooked right and set correctly.
Fudge should be stored in an airtight container or zip to bag.
Layers should be separated with parchment paper or wax paper so that the pieces do not stick to one another.
This fudge should be refrigerated within a couple of hours after serving. It can also be frozen for up to a few months.
Tips for making great tasting fudge.
Prepare a square pan well for this recipe. I like to use parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick.
More tips for you
- My fudge is seasoned with typical eggnog seasonings and flavored with rum extract. Feel free to omit any of these or substitute another extract.
- While your ingredients are heating on the stove, it is a good idea to whisk the ingredients continually. This will prevent burning the ingredients.
- Allow the fudge to fully set before cutting it into servings. Once the fudge has reached room temperature you can place it into the refrigerator to finish setting.
Personalize homemade holiday fudge.
This recipe is really good just the way it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add chopped nuts, pretzels, or small pieces of candy for additional texture.
- Or, you can add a tablespoon of peanut butter for smoother fudge with a peanutty twist.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the fudge into fun shapes after rolling it out.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this recipe for homemade eggnog fudge.
This is a simple fudge recipe that tastes like rich eggnog in every bite.
While this recipe is based upon basic fudge recipes, it is flavored with eggnog and the seasonings that go with it.
We will start by making a syrup by cooking ingredients on the stove.
Then we will add the chocolate and ingredients needed to give the fudge it's amazing texture.
Once the fudge has set, we can cut it into servings or squares to enjoy.
Ingredients needed to make eggnog fudge.
- Sugar. Use granulated sugar as it will be used to make a syrup.
- Butter. Unsalted is preferred.
- Eggnog. Actual eggnog is used for flavor and as a liquid ingredient.
- White Chocolate Chips. Baking chocolate can also be used but, should be chopped up first.
- Ground Nutmeg and Cinnamon. Added to help make this fudge more festive.
- Marshmallow Cream (fluff). An important ingredient for the structure of this fudge.
- Rum Extract. Yes, you can use an alternative extract such as vanilla extract.
How to make Best Creamy Eggnog Fudge Recipe
Yield: 12 large squares, 48 smaller cubes
Prep time: 15 min
Rest time: 7-8 hours or until fully cooled and set.
Step One: prepare.
Prepare a square baking dish. Using foil that is sprayed with nonstick or greased is one method. Or you can use parchment paper or simply grease the pan.
Step Two: make the base.
In a saucepan on on medium high heat, combine together the sugar, butter and eggnog. Bring this to a boil, stirring constantly. Once the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved, continue to cook without stirring until the temperature reacher 235 with a candy thermometer or the bubbles slowly pop (about eight to 10 minutes).
Step Three: finish making the fudge.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and carefully stir or beat in the remaining ingredients until creamy before transferring the mixture to the prepared pan. Once the fudge has reached room temperature you can transfer it to a refrigerator to fully set before cutting
Expert Tip 👉 Lightly score the fudge before it fully sets. Then use a large knife or rocker pizza cutter to cut the fudge into pieces once it has fully set.
Table of contents for this recipe.
Best Creamy Eggnog Fudge Recipe, a simple and delicious Christmas holiday sweet treat dessert idea that tastes amazing too!
Best Creamy Eggnog Fudge Recipe
- Prepare a square baking dish for nonstick using foil that is sprayed with nonstick, greased, or lined with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan on on medium high heat, combine together the sugar, butter and eggnog. Bring this to a boil, stirring constantly. Once the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved, continue to cook without stirring until the temperature reacher 235 with a candy thermometer or the bubbles slowly pop (about eight to 10 minutes).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and carefully stir or beat in the remaining ingredients until creamy before transferring the mixture to the prepared pan. Once the fudge has reached room temperature you can transfer it to a refrigerator to fully set before cutting
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!