Candy Corn Clay Pot DIY craft that is easy to make.
I like that this project works for most ages too!
Make this Candy Corn Clay Pot DIY.
This is a simple craft project that is suitable for most ages.
Even better, most of the materials can be found at a dollar or discount store.
Did you see my Black Cat Clay Pot Craft DIY?
That is another clay pot craft idea that can be done by most ages. Both this candy corn and that cat craft would be fun to display together.
To make this project you will need terra cotta (or terracotta) clay pots. You can find a variety of terra cotta pots here.
Clay pot have many uses beyond holding plants.
They are also relatively inexpensive which makes clay pot crafting even better (imo).
What you should know is that before you start crafting with the pot, it should be clean, dry, and free of any debris or stickers. Then you can paint and decorate your clay pot according the the directions for your project.
Candy corn is not the same thing as the corn that is grown out of the ground. Instead, it is confection that is enjoyed especially during the Halloween or harvest time of the year.
The inspiration for the candy corn is a corn kernel. However, corn is just what has inspired the look, color, and in some way, the flavor of candy corn. By the way, like with this project, not all candy corn is edible as well. 🎃
Tips for making a Candy Corn Clay Pot
My candy corn was made using a 3.5” and a 2.5”in diameter clay pot. Feel free to use the sizes of your choice however, make sure that you are using two different sizes for best results.
More tips for you
- If you have issues with the googly eyes staying in place, try attaching a clear water bottle cap to the pot first and then glue the eyes on to that.
- Hot glue really works best at getting everything to stick quickly. However, you can use a tacky or craft glue instead if you can wait for it to fry.
- My clay pots have been turned upside down so that you can attach the ears to the top. Feel free to not turn yours upside down so that they can be used to hold something...such as candy 🙂 .
- There is a bit of painting that needs to get done for this project. Make sure that the paint gets fully dry before going on to the next step.
Personalize your candy corn craft.
Yes, these candy corn are cute just the way they are.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Paint your candy corn in other colors such as white, black, and orange.
- Use felt or cardboard to add arms and legs to your candy corn.
- Write names or words on your candy corn to use as a display or for a place setting.
👇👇You may also be interested in these ideas.👇👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this candy corn project.
This is a simple do it yourself craft idea for turing a clay pot into a piece of candy corn. While this is a 'simple' craft idea, some folks may need assistance (gluing, painting, etc).
To make this project we will first paint the clay pot.
After the paint has dried, we will glue on the eyes and the ribbon. Then we will add the finishing touches.
Materials needed to make this project.
- 3.5” Clay Pot.
- 2.5” Clay Pot.
- Acrylic Craft Paint – White, Orange, Yellow, Pink
- Googly Eyes.
- White cardstock or cardboard..
- Also, glue, glue gun, scissors, paintbrush, pencil with an eraser, black marker, circle shaped template.
How to make a Candy Corn Clay Pot DIY
STEP ONE: Prepare.
- Gather all materials and then remove the packaging and labels.
- Next, paint a coat of white acrylic paint to the 2.5” clay pot.
- Next, paint the top ⅔ of the 3.5” clay pot with orange acrylic craft paint
- Lastly, paint the bottom ⅓ of the 3.5” clay pot with yellow acrylic craft paint.
- Let the paint dry and then apply a second coat, if necessary.
STEP TWO: Attach the pots together.
Using a glue gun, carefully attach the smaller white clay pot to the larger orange and yellow clay pot. Then allow the pots to set together.
Expert Tip👉 You can use an alternative glue, such as a tacky or craft glue if you have concerns about using a hot glue gun. Just be sure to allow the glue to full set.
STEP THREE: Finish the project.
- Glue two wiggle eyes on the candy corn face using a glue gun and glue sticks.
- To make the pink cheeks, dab a new pencil eraser in pink craft paint and then stamp it on the right and left sides, just below the eyes.
- Trace a circle onto the cardstock and then glue it over the hole on top of the candy corn (white pot).
- Use a marker to draw a mouth from cheek dot to cheek dot.
- Tie a bow in your ribbon and then glue it onto the bottom rim of the candy corn.
Table of contents
Candy Corn Clay Pot DIY, a simple craft idea for turning a dollar store clay pot into a cute pieces of candy corn. Most ages.
CANDY CORN CLAY POT DIY
Also, glue, glue gun, scissors, paintbrush, pencil with an eraser, black marker, circle shaped template.
- Paint a coat of white acrylic paint to the 2.5” clay pot.Next, paint the top ⅔ of the 3.5” clay pot with orange acrylic craft paintLastly, paint the bottom ⅓ of the 3.5” clay pot with yellow acrylic craft paint.
- Using a glue gun, carefully attach the smaller white clay pot to the larger orange and yellow clay pot. Then allow the pots to set together.
- Glue two wiggle eyes on the candy corn face using a glue gun and glue sticks.To make the pink cheeks, dab a new pencil eraser in pink craft paint and then stamp it on the right and left sides, just below the eyes.
- Trace a circle onto the cardstock and then glue it over the hole on top of the candy corn (white pot).Use a marker to draw a mouth from cheek dot to cheek dot.Tie a bow in your ribbon and then glue it onto the bottom rim of the candy corn.