Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins that are made using flaky biscuit dough.
These yummy muffins can be topped with a simple cream cheese frosting!
Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins
This is a simple monkey bread recipe that is perfect for serving to a crowd!
The added pumpkin makes this sweet and buttery treat taste like autumn goodness!
Did you try Easy Pizza Monkey Bread?
That pizza monkey bread is another tasty and easy recipe. Both this recipe for pumpkin monkey bread and that pizza monkey bread are nice ideas for tailgates, brunch, or even for serving on movie night!
To make this recipe you will need muffin liners. You can find fall inspired muffin liners here.
It sounds kind of silly right?
However, there is a reason why they call it 'Monkey Bread'.
Some folks believe that Monkey Bread got its name because of what 'people' resemble while eating it. That is, when folks eat the bread they resemble monkeys picking off the pieces to eat them.
Monkey Bread muffins could be served just like Monkey bread.
For more enjoyment, both monkey bread and monkey bread muffins are best when served fresh and warm. When you smell them coming out of the oven, you will probably agree. 🙊
Tips for making monkey bread muffins.
While my monkey bread is made into individual servings, you can make yours as one large pull-apart bread. Simply use a tube pan to make your monkey bread.
More tips for you
- Don't like the taste of pumpkin? Simply omit the pumpkin puree .
- While my monkey bread muffins are made with a flaky muffin, you can use the muffins of your choice. Extra butter may work for you if this is going to be a breakfast treat.
- Pumpkin puree is needed to make this recipe. Make sure that you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling as they are two different things.
Personalize your monkey bread muffins.
These monkey bread muffins are yummy and easy to make as they are.
However, you can take yours up a notch. .
Try one of these ideas
- Drizzle a bit of caramel sauce on top.
- Make this recipe bite sized using a mini muffin pan.
- Top these with chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts!
👇👇You may also be interested in these ideas.👇👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this recipe for Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins.
This is a simple recipe for making monkey bread muffins. Instead of making a single monkey bread for sharing, this recipe makes individual sized monkey bread muffins.
To make a simple cream cheese frosting, simple cream together the following ingredients.
- Cream Cheese (8 ounces).
- Butter (1 stick).
- Powdered Sugar (2 ½-3 cups or as needed).
Ingredients needed to make Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins.
- Premade Biscuit Dough. Use the canned refrigerator biscuit dough such as flaky layers.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice and Ground Cinnamon.. These bring out the flavors of the pumpkin.
- Butter. the butter should be melted.
- Brown Sugar. Gives these muffins a carmel taste.
- Pumpkin Puree. Canned or homemade puree is fine.
- Cream Cheese Frosting. This is optional.
How to make Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins
Prep time: 5 mins
Bake time: 12-15 min
Cool time: 10 min
Total: 30 min
Expert Tip👉 If you use GRANDS biscuits you'll need to cut them smaller because they rise bigger in the oven.
Step One: prepare.
Preheat your oven to 400. Line your muffin cups with liners and then lightly spray them with nonstick.
Step Two: prepare the biscuits.
- Start by using a fork to combine the sugar and one tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice in a shallow bowl.
- Open up the tube of biscuits and seperate the biscuits. Then cut each biscuit into six cubes.
- Toss or drag each of the cubes in the sugar mixture.
- Evenly distribute the cubes among the prepared muffins cups.
Step Three: top and bake the muffins.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and remaining pumpkin pie spice. You can add a teaspoon or two of water if needed if this seems too thick.
- Pour the mixture from the small mixing bowl over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 12-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool (about 10 minutes) before frosting or serving.
Table of contents for pumpkin monkey bread.
Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins, a simple and delicious baked and frosted recipe using flaky biscuit dough.
Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins,
Optional- frosting. See post for recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 400. Line your muffin cups with liners and then lightly spray them with nonstick.
- Start by using a fork to combine the sugar and one tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice in a shallow bowl.Open up the tube of biscuits and seperate the biscuits. Then cut each biscuit into six cubes.Toss or drag each of the cubes in the sugar mixture.Evenly distribute the cubes among the prepared muffins cups.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and remaining pumpkin pie spice. Pour the mixture from the small mixing bowl over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 12-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.Allow the muffins to cool (about 10 minutes) before frosting or serving.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!