(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Easy Grinch Jello Shots Recipe is a classic holiday or Christmas season treat.
Inspired by the 'Grinch' this festive and usually fun adult treat idea features lime green jello in a cup topped with tasty topping such a whipped cream and holiday sprinkles.
Recipe for christmas grinch jello shots.
This is a simple recipe that is often a mainstay for holiday parties.
Adults enjoy the 'boozy' addition to these jello shots.
Have you tried my recipe for Grinch Inspired Ginger Sandwich Cookies?
Those green sandwich cookies feature a heart candy in the center inspired by the Grinch himself. Bot these Jello shots and those Grinch cookies can be even more fun when served together.
These Jello shots should be served in a two ounce cup. You can find a selection of two ounce cups here.
Tips for making Jello shots.
Water is used to make these jello shots. If your tap water does not come out clear, it is a good idea to use a bottled water to prevent your shots from getting cloudy.
More tips for you
- The secret to making any kind of gelatin is to make sure that your water is bubbling when it is heated. This will make sure that the dry gelatin mix dissolved correctly and evenly.
- Use a whisk to combine the gelatin with the water. Using a whisk will help the ingredients blend better than a spoon would.
- It is a good idea to allow the gelatin mixture to cool a bit before filling the cups. This will make it easier to work with and preserve the integrity of the cups you are using.
- Leftovers should be covered and refrigerated. If properly stored, they should keep for a few days.
How to make these the best Jello shots.
These Grinch shots are fun and tasty just the way they are.
You can however, make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of the usual green lime gelatin, use another flavor. You can add a few drops of food coloring to make it green.
- Use a different kind of booze such as tequila.
- Top your Grinch cups with Grinch inspired sprinkles.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
What we like about Holiday Jello Shots.
- We like how fun these festive treats are.
- Jello shots are a popular treat that many people enjoy.
- This is really a simple and colorful addition to about any holiday party.
How to serve Jello shots.
- Place the shots on a tray and serve them to your friends.
- Add these Jello shots to a holiday dessert table (for adults).
- Jello shots can sometimes be stacked to look like a tree. Use a lid on the shots before stacking.
Ingredients needed to make Christmas jello shots.
- Water. This is needed to help dilute the gelatin mix.
- Gelatin. A six ounce package of green Jello was used to make my shots.
- Booze. My shots were made with peppermint schnapps and spiced rum.
- Topping- whipped cream and sprinkles. You can also add a cherry.
Expert Tip👉 To make non boozy shots simply substitute additional water for the booze.
How to make this Easy Grinch Jello Shots Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 10 minutes .
Chill time: 2 hours .
Total: 2 hours 15 minutes .
Serving: 12-14 .
Step One: boil the water.
- Bring your water to boil over medium high heat.
- When the water begins to boil, turn the heat off.
- Remove the saucepan or pot from the heat.
Step Two: combine the ingredients.
- Carefully whisk the dry gelatin mix into the hot water until dissolved.
- Whisk in the peppermint schnapps.
- Next, blend in the spiced rum.
Expert Tip👉 Make a few of your shots without the alcohol for folks who do not want theirs to be boozy. Simply substitute in water for the alcohol.
Step Three: finish making your shots.
- Fill your shot glass cups about half full with the jello mixture.
- Let the mixture in the cups sit for a few minutes to get to room temperature.
- Place cups in the refrigerator to set (at least two hours).
- When you are ready to serve your shots, simply remove them from the refrigerator and add your toppings.
Expert Tip 👉 As with anything else that contains alcohol, these Grinch Jello Shots are intended for consumption by adults and in moderation.
More holiday ideas for you.
In case you missed something.
- Recipe for christmas grinch jello shots.
- Tips for making Jello shots.
- How to make these the best Jello shots.
- What we like about Holiday Jello Shots.
- How to serve Jello shots.
- Ingredients needed to make Christmas jello shots.
- How to make this Easy Grinch Jello Shots Recipe
Easy Grinch Jello Shots Recipe, a simple green adult holiday Christmas dessert treat made with gelatin and optional alcohol. (video)
Easy Grinch Jello Shots Recipe
- 2 cups Water
- 6 oz Green Gelatin Mix
- ½ cup Peppermint Schnapps
- ½ cup Spiced Rum.
Toppings can include whipped cream and sprinkles. You can also add a cherry.
- Bring your water to boil over medium high heat. When the water begins to boil, turn the heat off. Remove the saucepan or pot from the heat.
- Carefully whisk the dry gelatin mix into the hot water until dissolved. Whisk in the peppermint schnapps. Next, blend in the spiced rum.
- Fill your shot glass cups about half full with the jello mixture. Let the mixture in the cups sit for a few minutes to get to room temperature.
- Place cups in the refrigerator to set (at least two hours). When you are ready to serve your shots, simply remove them from the refrigerator and add your toppings.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. -As with anything else that contains alcohol, these Grinch Jello Shots are intended for consumption by adults and in moderation. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to try any of the ideas listed in this article please tag on social media @diyandfun. We like to hear your ideas and suggestions.
DIY and Fun is a website dedicated to providing you with the best DIY projects, crafts, recipes, hiking, and fun ideas that inspire. Whether you're looking for a new way to decorate your home, learn a new skill, or simply have some fun, DIY and Fun has something for everyone.
Here are some additional ways to keep coming back to DIY and Fun:
- Sign up for our email newsletter. We'll send you weekly updates with new projects, inspiration, and more.
- Follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Our community forum is coming soon. Share your projects, ask questions, and get inspired by other DIYers.
We hope to see you soon!
-Mary and Mike.