Oreo Penguin Cupcakes are really a cute treat to make.
I really like how easy it is to make these cupcakes too!
Oreo Penguin Cupcakes
This is really a cute cupcake idea that can impress!
You will like how popular this cupcake is especially with the kids.
Did you see my recipe for Tasty Love Bug Cupcakes
That cupcake idea is a lot like this one only it features a cute bug instead of a penguin on top.
Both this penguin cupcake and that lovebug cupcake would look cute together on a dessert platter or table.
This cupcake would look even cuter if you baked the cupcakes in matching liner. You an find penguin and similar cupcake liners here.
This recipe idea is especially for anyone asking how do you make a penguin cake or cupcake.
Penguins are a fun and popular animal that everyone seems to like a lot.
Hence, having a penguin themed event such as a birthday party is a fun idea!
These penguin cupcakes are perfect for serving at a penguin themed party.
You will probably especially like that these cupcakes are already in individual servings which means no cake cutting!
By the way, you can see some great ideas for penguin themed movies in this listing for 20 Family Friendly Movies for Winter!.
These penguin cupcakes feature an Oreo cookie on top.
That Oreo cookie is used to make the head on each of the cupcakes.
Anyone eating this cupcake can simply pull the cookie off of the cupcake and eat that first or save it for later.
A black and white sandwich cookie works perfectly for this cookie.
Yes, the cookie is the perfect shape an size for a head with a cute face.
But, the cookie is also has the right colors, black and white, for a penguin!
Tips for making cupcakes.
When it comes to baking the cupcakes, use fresh ingredients.
This will insure that your cupcakes come out tasting as good as they look!
More tips for you
- While baking the cupcakes used to make these penguin cupcakes is recommended, you could use a bit of a 'cheat'. Simply purchase plain chocolate cupcakes and you are good to go for decorating.
- Make these cupcakes lower in sugar. Use a sugar free chocolate cupcake mix.
- The scarves on my cupcakes are in different colors. Feel free to use the frosting color(s) of your choice for your scarves.
Personalize these fun cupcakes.
Yes, these Oreo penguin cupcakes are cute just the way they are.
However, you can make them even more fun!
Try one of these ideas.
- Stir in some white chocolate chips with the batter to continue that black and white theme.
- Scoop out a small amount of the center of the cupcakes and stuff it with frosting.
- Top your cupcakes with a penguin cake topper!
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for penguin themed cupcakes.
This is a cupcake recipe that is made in two parts.
The first part of this recipes is baking the chocolate cupcakes.
Then the second part of this recipe is decorating the cucpakes.
These cupcakes are decorated using Oreo cookies.
We will add frosting for the cute detailing on the cupcakes.
Ingredients needed to make Penguin Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cake Mix 1 box. You will also need the ingredients needed to make the cupcakes associated with the cake mix. Alternatively, you can use your own chocolate cupcake recipe or simply purchase chocolate cupcakes.
- White cookie frosting - used to attach the cookie to the cupcake.
- Orange cookie frosting - for the nose. You can alternatively use a small piece of carrot.
- Oreo cookies, 1 ½ per cupcake . Use the black and white sandwich cookie to stay with the penguin theme.
- White, pink, green, and chocolate frosting or in piping bags. This is for decorating.
How to make Oreo Penguin Cupcakes .
Step One: make the cupcakes.
Bake the cupcakes according to the directions provided.
Then allow the cupcakes to fully cool before decorating.
Step Two: Prepare the cupcake.
In this step the cookie is decorated to look like a penguin.
Start by using the white frosting to cover one side of the cookie. This will be the base of the face. Visually imagine a "V" on the top of the cookie. This will be the areas that do not get white frosting.
Next, use the chocolate frosting to make eyes on either side of the bottom of the V.
Use the orange cookie frosting to make a nose just below the eyes.
Let these cookies set completely.
Step Three: finish the cupcake
Start by frosting the cupcakes using the white frosting.
Then place the penguin head cookie, that you decorated in the last step, on top of the cupcake.
To make the flippers, open up undecorated sandwich cookies in half.
The cookie half that has no filling attached will be used.
Break that cookie in half. Then attach the halves to both sides of the cupcake. Tip: you can use a bit of frosting to hold the flippers in place if needed.
Lastly, add the scarves. Use the pink or green frosting to pipe a scarf on just below where the head is placed on the cupcake
Oreo Penguin Cupcakes , a tasty and adorable baked chocolate cake dessert recipe that is topped with a decorated sandwich cookie.
Oreo Penguin Cupcakes
- Start by using the white frosting to cover one side of the cookie. This will be the base of the face. Visually imagine a "V" on the top of the cookie. This will be the areas that do not get white frosting Next, use the chocolate frosting to make eyes on either side of the bottom of the V Use the orange cookie frosting to make a nose just below the eyes Let these cookies set completely
- Start by frosting the cupcakes using the white frosting. Then place the penguin head cookie, that you decorated in the last step, on top of the cupcakeTo make the flippers, open up undecorated sandwich cookies in half. The cookie half that has no filling attached will be used. Break that cookie in half. Then attach the halves to both sides of the cupcake. Tip: you can use a bit of frosting to hold the flippers in place if needed.Lastly, add the scarves. Use the pink or green frosting to pipe a scarf on just below where the head is placed on the cupcake
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used.
See DIYandFUN for details on this idea and others.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!