(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispie Treats are really a delightful take on a popular cereal bar recipe.
These Krispie treat bars are both sweet and crunchy with a hint of strawberries.
Delicious Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
These Rice Krispie treats have strawberries added to them for added flavor.
It could be the candy melts that top these treat which make them even better!
Did you try my Carrot Cake Rice Krispie Treats?
That carrot cake krispie treat recipe is another tasty alternative to the usual Rice Krispie treat. Both this recipe for strawberry treats and the carrot cake version are perfect for sharing with others or simply enjoying by yourself!
To make this recipe you will need dried strawberries as they are able to hold up in a recipe such as this one. You can find a selection of dried strawberries here.
Frequently asked questions about Rice Krispie Treats.
Rice Krispie Treats are a popular cereal treat.
The recipe for homemade krispie treats is a simple no bake recipe.
The basic Rice Krispie Treat recipe has the cereal along with marshmallows and butter. The recipe can be made using a microwave or stove-top.
Variations on the basic recipe can make the treats even better!
This recipe for strawberry krispie treats is just one kind of variation.
Ideas for variations on the krispie treat recipe.
🟣Using other cereals or crunchy ingredients.
🟡Adding a topping such as chocolate or melted candy wafers.
🔵Using additional ingredients such as peanut butter.
Tips for making Rice Krispie Treats.
For thicker krispie treats, use a an 8X8 pan. On the other hand, if you prefer smaller and more treats, you can use a 9X9 pan.
More tips for you
- Greasing the pan well is essential in this recipe. You can use margarine or butter to do this.
- Mini marshmallows tend to melt more evenly than the large ones. While mine are melted in a microwave, you can alternatively use the stove top method.
- These krispie treats should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If properly stored, they should keep for a few days . However, they can also be frozen!
How to Personalize Homemade Krispie treats.
These strawberry Rice Krispie Treats are amazing just the way they are.
However, you can make yours even better!
Try one of these ideas.
- Use another cereal or a combination of cereal.
- Add sprinkles or decorations to the top.
- Or, you can add other freeze dried fruit such as freeze dried bananas or freeze dried blueberries.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About this recipe for Rice Krispie Treats made with Strawberries.
This is a simple recipe for Rice Krispie treats that are are taken up to a new level.
The strawberries that are added to the treats add both flavor and a fun coloring.
We will top the Krispie treats with candy melts.
The candy melts gives these treats added sweet flavor while making these treats stand out from the regular every day version. Strawberry extract is added for additional flavoring as well.
Ingredients needed to make Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispie Treat
- Rice Krispie Cereal. Feel free to use another cereal as desired.
- Marshmallows. Mini marshmallows are recommended for better melting.
- Butter. Your butter should be at room temperature for better blending.
- Dried Strawberries . Regular strawberries will not hold up in this recipe.
- Strawberry extract . For added strawberry flavor.
- Candy Melts. Both pink and white are used to top the treats with.
- Coconut oil or paramount crystals Used to thin out the melting wafers for better consistency.
How to make Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
Yield: 12-16 servings
Prep: 8 min
Rest: 30 min
Total 30 mins
Step One: prepare.
Prepare your pan well for nonstick. Since this is a no-bake recipe, you can use a glass or regular non-stick pan. Also, give your microwave-safe mixing bowl a quick spray with nonstick as it will be used to melt the marshmallows in.
Step Two: make the treats.
- In your microwave-safe container, melt the butter with the marshmallows, carefully stopping to stir every 45 seconds. However, keep in mind that you microwave may be different from mine and as a result, melting times can vary.
- When the marshmallows begin to 'puff', you are done heating them up. Carefully remove the bowl from your microwave.
- Next, you can stir in the cereal, strawberries, and your extract until combined.
- After your ingredients are combined (the cereal is well incorporated) you can then transfer the ingredients to your prepared pan.
- Lastly, you can evenly spread the mixture into your pan and thus, press it into place.
Expert Tip 👉Use the backside of a rubber spatula to help you press the mixture into the prepared pan. Greasing or spraying the spatula with a bit of nonstick can help prevent the stickiness.
Step Three: finish making the treats.
- In a clean microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, melt all of the pink candy melts according to the manufacturer's directions. Mine were melted stopping every 30 seconds to carefully stir.
- Stir in coconut oil as needed for the consistency that is needed. However, do not use a lot of the coconut oil to do so.
- Evenly distribute the pink coating over your treats. You can use a piping bag to do this or you can use a frosting knife.
- To decorate with the white melts, like mine, you will need to melt the white melts. However, the white melts were applied to my treats using a piping bag to both melt the white melts and to decorate the treats with. Then use a skewer was used to make the lines.
- Lastly, allow the treats to set before cutting into servings.
In case you missed it.
- Delicious Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
- Frequently asked questions about Rice Krispie Treats.
- Tips for making Rice Krispie Treats.
- How to Personalize Homemade Krispie treats.
- About this recipe for Rice Krispie Treats made with Strawberries.
Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispie Treats, delicious dessert or snack recipe made with strawberries and topped with candy melts.
Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispie Treats,
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Dried Strawberries -see post for details
- 1 tsp Strawberry Extract
- 2 cups Candy Melts - pink and white, see post for details.
Coconut oil or paramount crystals Used to thin out the melting wafers as needed for better consistency.
- Prepare your pan or baking dish well for nonstick
- In your microwave-safe container, melt the butter with the marshmallows, carefully stopping to stir every 45 seconds.
- When the marshmallows begin to 'puff', you are done heating them up. Stir in the cereal, strawberries, and extract until combined.
- Once the ingredients are combined (the cereal is well incorporated) you can transfer the ingredients to your prepared pan.
- Evenly spread the mixture your pan and press it into place.
- In a clean microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, melt all of the pink candy melts. Stir in coconut oil as needed for the consistency that is needed. Evenly distribute the pink coating over your treats.
- To decorate with the white melts, like mine, you will need to melt a half cup of the white melts. The white melts were applied to my treats using a piping bag to both melt the white melts and to decorate the treats with. Then a skewer was used to make the lines. Lastly, allow the treats to set before cutting into servings.R
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting
If you decide to try any of the ideas listing in this article please stop by here and also on social media to let me know how it worked out for you. Also, you can tag me @diyandfun.
Lastly, in addition, if you have any tricks or tweaks to add, please let me know. While my ideas are intended to inspire, you however are welcomed to adjust them as needed to your needs and thus, enjoy them as a result!