Valentines Day Rice Krispie Heart Treats are a fun variation on the popular dessert.
I like how fun these are because they are in a heart shape.
Valentines Day Rice Krispie Heart Treats
This is a recipe for a heart shaped Rice Krispie treat.
The treat is perfect especially for Valentines day.
Did you see my Puppy Dog Valentines Day Card DIY ?
That adorable Valentines day card idea is a simple idea.
Both this heart shaped treat and that puppy dog card could make for perfect Valentines Day gift giving!
These heart shaped treats are perfect for gift giving. You can find a great assortment of Valentines day food containers and wrap ideas here.
People sometimes ask what are Rice Krispie Treats made of.
It seems as if this tasty cereal treat has been around forever.
As a result, there are many variations on the recipe itself.
There are two main ingredients that you will find in Rice Krispie treats no matter what the variation is.
Rice Krispie cereal is certainly one of those main ingredients.
Also needed are marshmallows.
You may be wondering how to cut Rice Krispie treats into shapes.
Regular Rice Krispie treats are made in a baking dish, pan, or sheet.
The treats are cut into squares or rectangles.
However, in this recipe the treats are in the shape of a heart.
To make your treats in a heart you will need to make the treats as your would normally make them.
Then you will take a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut them into a heart!
Tips for Making Perfect Rice Krispie Treats?
Use a rimmed baking sheet that has a rim between ½- 1" tall.
This will make it easier for you to cut out the heart shapes with the cookie cutters.
More tips for you
- You can use parchment paper or wax paper to line the baking sheet with. I suggest that you also prep the paper with a bit of nonstick as well.
- You will most likely have spare or unused chunks of the treats after cutting them out. You can use these pieces to fill in on uneven hearts already made or combine them together to make one new heart.
- These treats can be stored in an airtight container or sealed bag at room temperature. However, if you are placing them into a bag, it is important that you allow them to fully set first (about a half hour).
Personalize these pink Rice Krispie Treats.
This is simple recipe for making a great tasting treat for Valentines day.
It is a nice idea just the way it is however, you can personalize it to make it even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Make a double batch of treats that are different in color. Then you can use two heart shaped cookie cutters to make a smaller heart to put inside of the larger heart.
- Add a flavorful extract such as strawberry extract for added flavor.
- Stir in some nuts, raisins, or candy hearts for added flavor and texture.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for Valentines day cutout Krispie treats.
This is a simple recipe idea based on the popular Rice Krispie cereal treats.
We have adjusted the recipe to a Valentines day theme.
This recipe is made like the usual Krispie treat recipe.
However, we are adding a bit of food coloring to make them pink.
Then we will cut the treats into hearts using a cookie cutter.
Ingredients needed to make heart shaped treats.
- Butter- 3 tablespoons.
- Marshmallows- 10 ounces of mini marshmallows. You alternatively use four cups regular sized marshmallows.
- Crispy Rice Cereal- 6 cups.
- Pink gel food coloring- 1 to 2 drops.
- Valentines day sprinkles.
How to make Valentines Day Rice Krispie Heart Treats
Step One: prepare.
Gather your supplies and make sure that the cookie cutter is clean and dry.
Prep a rimmed baking pan with parchment or wax paper that slightly overhangs the sides of the pan. Give this a quick spray with nonstick.
Step Two: make the cereal treats.
Give a microwave safe bowl a quick spray with nonstick. Then add the butter and the marshmallows to the bowl and heat on high for two minutes. Carefully stir the ingredients and then continue to microwave for another minute.
Alternatively, you can heat the ingredients on a stove on low heat until smooth.
Remove the combined ingredients from the heat an stir in the food coloring and any optional extract for flavor. Then stir in the cereal. Use a the back of a rubber spatula to press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking sheet. Tip: spraying a bit of nonstick or greasing with butter can be helpful here.
Allow the treats to set in the pan for 10 minutes.
Then use the overhanging paper to lift the treats from the pan.
Step Three: finish making the hearts.
Use a heart shaped cookie cutter (around 3" recommended) to cut out the hearts. Spraying the cutters with nonstick or greasing with butter can help keep the mixture from sticking.
Top the hearts with drizzled icing (alternatively you can use melted chocolate) and sprinkles. Then you can allow this to set for 20 minutes before enjoying.
Valentines Day Rice Krispie Heart Treats, a recipe for a heart shaped dessert or snack made with cereal and marshmallows.
Valentines Day Rice Krispie Heart Treats
- rimmed baking pan
- heart shaped cookie cutter
- Microwave the butter and the marshmallows in a microwave safe on high for two minutes. Carefully stir the ingredients and then continue to microwave for another minute.Alternatively, you can heat the ingredients on a stove on low heat until smooth.Remove the combined ingredients from the heat an stir in the food coloring Use a the back of a rubber spatula to press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking sheet. Allow the treats to set in the pan for 10 minutes. Then use the overhanging paper to lift the treats from the pan.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the hearts. Top the hearts with drizzled icing (alternatively you can use melted chocolate) and sprinkles. Then you can allow this to set for 20 minutes before enjoying.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!