(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies are a quick and easy cookie idea that can be made in about eight minutes.
This classic fall cookie has a soft, chewy interior and slightly crisp exterior and is loaded with those tasty fall spices we love..
Really a best cookie for fall.
Snickerdoodle cookies are a popular take on the usual sugar cookie.
This is that buttery and sweet cookie with the famous hint of tang thanks to the cream of tartar that is added to the mix.
Did you try my recipe for Air Fryer Snickerdoodle Cookies?
That snickerdoodle cookie is a basic fall cookie that can be enjoyed beyond the pumpkin spice season. Both this recipe for a pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookie and that recipe for a basic snickerdoodle cookie are delicious fall inspired recipes that can be made in an air fryer.
To make this recipe, you can line your air fryer with Air Fryer Disposable Paper Liners. You can find Air Fryer Disposable Paper Liner here.
How can you make cookies in an air fryer?
The quick answer is yes.
Cookies can be air fried or baked in an air fryer.
However, when using an air fryer to make cookies, you should keep these in mind;
• You will only be able to make a few to a half dozen cookies at a time depending on the size of the air fryer.
• Because air fryers are smaller than an oven and they depend upon circulating heat in order to bake, they can bake cookies faster than an oven can.
• When it comes to air frying the cookies, some, not all, air fryers are able to handle a cookie sheet made for air fryers. Air fryer liners are another option available.
• Lastly, you can make your cookies in batches. This means that another option is to refrigerate or freeze the dough to air fry cookies as desired.
Air fryers are smaller and thus, easier to use than an oven.
This also means that air fryers heat up faster and lose less heat than an everyday oven.
• An air fryer allows you to make just a few cookies if that is all you want.
• Air fryers are convenient as they can go with you in a camper or hotel room.
• They are more user friendly especially for folks who may need assistance with using an oven.
Tips for making this the best snickerdoodle recipe.
Possibly the best part about making air fryer cookies is that you can make as many cookies as you want to make. Refrigerating or freezing the cookie dough may be a good solution if you are someone who likes to make a few cookies at a time.
More tips for you
- You will need to roll the dough between your hands to make these cookies. If the dough gets sticky you can wet your hands with a bit of water.
- When placing the cookies into the air fryer basket, leave plenty of room between the cookies. This is both for expansion and for good airflow reasons.
- Since air fryers can vary in baking times, it is a good idea to check on the cookies as needed while they bake. However, these are fluffy cookies which means that a toothpick check can also help.
How to make snickerdoodle cookies even better.
These cookies are tasty just the way they are.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add a teaspoon or two of lemon juice to make these cookies even more tart.
- Top your warm cookies with fun fall sprinkles. or sugar.
- Decorate your cookies with cookie icing.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
What we like about this recipe to snickerdoodle cookies.
- This recipe is made in an air fryer which means that about anyone can easily make these cookies.
- Snickerdoodle cookies are a classic fall cookie that we look forward to enjoying every year.
- Because these cookies are made in an air fryer, the dough can be refrigerated so that you can make as many cookies at a time that you want to make!
How to serve snickerdoodle cookies made in an air fryer,
- Serve these cookies as is with a glass of milk or cup of coffee on the side.
- Make a snickerdoodle cookie sandwich by placing a bit of frosting between two cookies.
- Break a cookie up and serve it with your Mason Jar Ice Cream
Ingredients needed to make this easy snickerdoodle recipe.
- Flour. Sift or use a whisk to break up any lumps and to put some air into your flour.
- Baking Soda and Cream of Tartar. When combined together, these ingredients give these cookies that light and fluffy texture that snickerdoodles are known for.
- Spices- Ground Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice gives these cookies that seasonal fall flavor.
- Brown Sugar and White Sugar. Add a sweet flavor to these cookies.
- Butter. Your butter should be softened to room temperature. If you are using unsalted butter, add a half teaspoon of salt to the flour.
- Pumpkin Puree. Added for flavor, moisture, and for color.
- Vanilla Extract. This is added as a flavor balance.
- Egg Yolk. This help to make the cookies moist while also binding the ingredients together.
- The topping is made with additional sugar and ground cinnamon.
Expert Tip 👉 Don't have cream of tartar on hand? The truth is that cream of tartar adds to the flavor and to the texture of these cookies. However, a quick substitute that gets close to this is to use baking powder and a teaspoon or two of fresh lemon juice.
How to make Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Bake Time: 8 minutes.
Step One: prepare.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350.
- Prepare the fryer basket as desired. My cookies were made with a parchment paper liner.
- Gather your ingredients.
Expert Tip 👉 Some experts suggest that you do no spray an air fryer basket with nonstick as this can have an effect on the cooking elements. Using an air fryer liner may be an option for you.
Step Two: prepare the cookie dough.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and the spices.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the white and brown sugar with the butter until creamy.
- Beat in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and egg yolk with the sugar and butter until combined.
- Lastly, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
Expert Tip👉 Not baking your cookies right away? You can place your cookie dough in an airtight container or wrap it up and freeze the dough for about three months or refrigerate it for a few days.
Step Three: make air fryer snickerdoodle cookies.
- In a shallow bowl, use a fork or whisk to combine together the topping ingredients (sugar and cinnamon).
- Use a cookie scoop, to scoop out your cookie dough. Scoop out the first cookie dough and roll it between your hands to make a ball. Then, roll the dough ball in the shallow bowl with the toppings.
- Place the cookie dough balls into the air fryer basket about an inch and a half apart. Depending on the size of your basket, you will most likely be able to make six to eight cookies at a time.
- Air fry the cookies for six to eight minutes or until the edgin begin to brown. My cookies were made in eight minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool. You can also use the spatula to flatten the cookies as desired.
Expert Tip👉 These cookies should be stored in an airtight container. If properly stored, they should keep for up to five days at room temperature. The humidity in your room can affect the freshness of these cookies however.
In case you missed it.
- Really a best cookie for fall.
- How can you make cookies in an air fryer?
- Tips for making this the best snickerdoodle recipe.
- How to make snickerdoodle cookies even better.
- What we like about this recipe to snickerdoodle cookies.
- How to serve snickerdoodle cookies made in an air fryer,
- Ingredients needed to make this easy snickerdoodle recipe.
- How to make Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies, a delicious and easy dessert or snack recipe featuring soft and chewy cookies.
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Preheat your air fryer to 350. Prepare the fryer basket as desired.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and the spices.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the white and brown sugar with the butter until creamy. Beat in the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and egg yolk until combined. Lastly, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- In a shallow bowl, use a fork or whisk to combine together the toppin ingredients (sugar and cinnamon).
- Use a cookie scoop, to scoop out your cookie dough. Scoop out the first cookie dough and roll it between your hands to make a ball. Then, roll the dough ball in the shallow bowl with the toppings. Place the cookie dough balls into the air fryer basket about an inch and a half apart.
- Air fry the cookies for six to eight minutes or until the edgin begin to brown. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool. You can also use the spatula to flatten the cookies as desired. https://diyandfun.com
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to try any of the ideas listed in this article please tag on social media @diyandfun. We like to hear your ideas and suggestions.
DIY and Fun is a website dedicated to providing you with the best DIY projects, crafts, recipes, hiking, and fun ideas that inspire. Whether you're looking for a new way to decorate your home, learn a new skill, or simply have some fun, DIY and Fun has something for everyone.
Here are some additional ways to keep coming back to DIY and Fun:
- Sign up for our email newsletter. We'll send you weekly updates with new projects, inspiration, and more.
- Follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Our community forum is coming soon. Share your projects, ask questions, and get inspired by other DIYers.
We hope to see you soon!
-Mary and Mike.