Layered BLT Dip (bacon, lettuce, & tomato), is a creamy dip made with BLT classics, shredded romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes and crispy diced bacon.
This keto low carbohydrate friendly appetizer is flavored with onion and garlic making it a flavorful addition for parties, tailgates, and gatherings of most any kind.
Easy blt dip with cream cheese and mayo.
This is a creamy dip featuring a base made with the combination of cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream.
The base is then topped with fresh ingredients including bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Did you try my recipe for Easy Deviled Egg Potato Salad?
That easy potato salad recipe is another classic idea that tastes great and is easy to make. Both this recipe for dip and that recipe for potato salad may go nicely when served together.
Serve these crackers with keto low carbohydrate crackers on the side. You can find a selection of keto low carb crackers here.
Tips for making a great tasting dip.
This recipe works best when the cream cheese has been softened to room temperature. When the cream cheese has properly softened it can be more easily blended with the other ingredients.
More helpful tips for you.
- This recipe can be prepared and refrigerated in advance. However, I would add the toppings just before serving rather than refrigerating the dip with the toppings added.
- Make this into a 'less fat' dip or healthier dip. Substitute in fat-free or low-fat cream cheese, mayonnaise, and/or sour cream.
- Bacon lovers would probably appreciate using a good quality bacon in this recipe. Consider using a thicker bacon that has been cooked until it is crispy and flavorful.
Personalize this easy homemade dip.
This dip is delicious and easy just the way it is.
You can however make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Stir in some shredded or grated cheese, such as a sharp cheddar, for additional flavor and texture..
- Add some chopped avocado before serving the dip.
- Or, you can make this dip more creamy by stirring is a bit of ranch dressing.
How to serve BLT dip.
This recipe has a lot of potential as it has many options for serving.
You can even use this dip as part of a salad for an appetizer or a meal!
Here are some more ways to serve this tasty dip.
- This dip can be served inside of a bread bowl (sourdough would work well!)
- You can make the appetizer a healthier choice by serving it with celery, carrots, or even sliced cucumbers.
- Place this dip on a platter surrounded by tortilla chips, crackers, and sliced baguette bread.
Ingredients needed to make this BLT Dip Recipe (Cold BLT Dip) .
- Olive Oil. Used for frying the bacon. Feel free to use the oil of your choice.
- Bacon. The bacon should be chopped before cooking it for this recipe. Use your bacon of choice.
- Cream Cheese. Full fat cream cheese works best for a creamy dip.
- Mayonnaise. Whole egg mayonnaise works best in this dip. However, the mayonnaise can be omitted if preferred, and the sour cream increased to ¾ cup.
- Sour Cream. Greek yogurt can alternatively be used.
- Garlic Powder and Onion Powder as well as salt and pepper. These can certainly be swapped out with your favorite seasonings.
- Lettuce. The lettuce should be shredded. Iceberg can alternatively be used. Feel free to use a pre-shredded lettuce to make your life easier 😉.
- Tomatoes. Use firm tomatoes as they will need to be diced.
- Green Onion Your green onion should be topped.
Expert Tip 👉 Add a bit of spice to this dip by stirring in a bit of hot sauce!
How to make Layered BLT Dip (bacon, lettuce, & tomato)
Yield: Serves 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Step One: cook the bacon.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat. When the skillet is warm, you can add the chopped bacon and cook, stirring often, until this bacon crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and set aside to cool.
Expert Tip👉 Feel free to use the bacon cooking method of your choice. The bacon should be chopped however for this dip to work.
Step Two: make the base.
In a large bowl, combine together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and onion powder until creamy. Then season the base to taste as desired using the salt and pepper. Transfer the base to a serving bowl.
Expert Tip👉 If you are making this dip in advance or to allow the flavors of the base to blend together, stop here and continue to the next step when you are ready to serve the dip.
Step Three: finish making the dip.
Top the dip base with the remaining ingredients (bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions) and serve.
Expert Tip👉 The dip with toppings added should be eaten immediately, but the dip itself can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days, then topped with the lettuce, tomato, bacon and green onions just before serving.
In case you missed something.
- Easy blt dip with cream cheese and mayo.
- Tips for making a great tasting dip.
- Personalize this easy homemade dip.
- How to serve BLT dip.
- Ingredients needed to make this BLT Dip Recipe (Cold BLT Dip) .
- How to make Layered BLT Dip (bacon, lettuce, & tomato)
Layered BLT Dip (bacon, lettuce, & tomato), a delicious and creamy appetizer made with bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. Keto Low Carb Friendly.
Layered BLT Dip
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 pieces Bacon - chopped
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- 1 ½ cups Lettuce - shredded
- 2 Tomatoes - diced
- 2 Green Onions - chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat. When the skillet is warm, you can add the chopped bacon and cook, stirring often, until this bacon crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to cool.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and onion powder until creamy. Then season the base to taste as desired using the salt and pepper. Transfer the base to a serving bowl.
- Top the dip base with the remaining ingredients (bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions) and serve.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:August 16, 2023
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to try any of the ideas listed in this article please tag on social media @diyandfun. We like to hear your ideas and suggestions.
DIY and Fun is a website dedicated to providing you with the best DIY projects, crafts, recipes, hiking, and fun ideas that inspire. Whether you're looking for a new way to decorate your home, learn a new skill, or simply have some fun, DIY and Fun has something for everyone.
Here are some additional ways to keep coming back to DIY and Fun: