Easy Appetizer Charcuterie Jars are perfect for about any kind of gathering.
I like that each jar is fun way to serve a serving in itself.
Charcuterie Jars really are perfect as an Easy Appetizer idea.
Using jars to serve the appetizer food means that everyone gets the same thing.
Even better, these jars can be made ahead of time, are easy to clean up, and you do not need a table filled with serving platters and serving bowls!
Did you see my listing for 28 Delicious Chilled Soup Recipes?
Those soup recipes are tasty ideas for soup. These Charcuterie jars would go great when served with cold soup!
The easiest way to serve these is to use mason jars. You can find a good variety of mason jars here.
These jars are sometimes called 'Jarcuterie'. The simple definition is to say that they are jars filled with food.
However, the food is placed into the jars so that they are presented in an appetizing manor and are easy to eat. Charcuterie jars are a fun and creative way to serve food especially for a gathering.
Charcuterie food jars are most successful when there is a variety of shapes, colors, and flavors that complement one another. Having a theme can help select the food that is added.
In an appetizer themed jar, such as this one, there are common ingredients that may be commonly found in appetizers. This included cheese, fruit, nuts, and meat.
Tips for making a successful charcuterie jar.
When selecting jars to serve your appetizers in, look for jars that have a wide mouth or opening. This will make it easier to get food in and out of the jars.
More tips for you
- Using mason jars with handles can be a nice idea for gatherings where people will be standing. The handle will make it easier for them to hold on to their food.
- The success of the jars has a lot to do with the variety of item that are placed in the jar. This includes flavors, textures, and shapes.
- Even though you intend on serving the appetizers in a jar, you may have a guest who is allergic or cannot eat something that is served. For this reason, it is a good idea to have a couple of empty jars available that can be made up special at a moments notice.
How to Personalize Charcuterie jars.
These jars are cute and they really can include everything you want to serve as appetizers for your gathering. However, you can make your jars even better!
Try one of these ideas.
- Tie tags on to the handle with names, words, advertising, or anything you want people to know.
- Include mason jar lids for people to cover up their food with if needed or to have something written on.
- Paint or decorate the outside of the jars for a special occassion.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
What makes Charcuterie Jars so good.
Charcuterie Jars jars are simple way to serve appetizers all in one place. Using the jars means less work for you while providing your guests with a nifty presentation.
Ideas for Charcuterie Jars uses.
- Cocktail parties where people will be standing and may need a snack.
- Movie parties.
- Appetizers for gatherings such a game viewing or holiday events.
- School or groups when you need to bring something to share.
Ingredients needed for Charcuterie Jars.
There are five categories for selecting food for your jars. These categories can make the jars look and taste more interesting.
The categories can include the following.
- Tall and crunchy. Breadsticks make for a nice visual in a jar.
- Small and crunchy. Nuts or popcorn for example.
- Fresh fruit or vegetables, something colorful and healthy.
- Cheese which can be cut into shapes if needed.
- Flavorful meat, jerky, or vegan jerky as a flavor base for the other ingredients.
The ingredients used my my charcuterie jar.
Feel free to use my ingredients as presented, with your substitutions, or just for ideas.
- Sesame seed bread sticks
- Parmesan crisps.
- Colby Jack cheese sticks.
- Green pimento stuffed olives (Spanish or Pearl)..
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Small mozzarella pearl balls.
- Genoa Salami..
- Manchego cheese.
- Rosemary for garnish
- Bamboo picks.
How to make Easy Appetizer Charcuterie Jars
This should take you about 20 minutes to make, give or take however, depending on how many jars you are putting together and also how much food you are using.
Step One : prepare.
Wash you jars if needed and allow them to dry. Also, you should gather your ingredients in a clean workstation.
Step Two: prepare ingredients.
Start by washing anything that needs washing and removing anything that needs to be removed (such as wrap or stickers for example).
For you bamboo or skewers, you can thread what needs to be threaded before starting to fill the jars. These will be used for fillers and decoration as needed.
Expert tip👉 What can you thread on to skewers? You can add food that you have cut into chunks such as fruit, cheese, meat, tomatoes, or cheese. It is okay for you to have more than one skewer too!
Fill the jars.
Layer ingredients in categories or sizes for a nicer presentation. Remember however, people will see the jars before they dig in to the food that you put into them . Also, when you place your food into the jars, you should try to avoid placing adding anything the may 'drip' on top of other ingredients .
How I have put my jars together.
- First you can place a layer of Pistachios in the bottom of each jar.
- Next, add a layer of your Parmesan crisps or another kind of crisp.
- After that, place both a sesame bread stick and a Colby Jack cheese stick into each of your jars.
- Next, you can add the tomato and mozzarella cheese sticks, olive sticks and salami sticks followed by a wedge of Manchego cheese to each jar.
- Now, add anything leftover if you have additional room and finish with the berries to fill in on the top of each jar, but also keep in mind that you want easy access to the food.
- Add a sprig of Rosemary to your jar and then you can also add the picks that you have also have food threaded on them.
Expert Tip 👉 Sliced meat can also be folded and then added to a skewer because it can make it easier to eat the food.
Easy Appetizer Charcuterie Jars, includes the five must haves for any good individual snack servings for parties and gatherings.
How to make Easy Appetizer Charcuterie Jars
- Start by washing anything that needs washing and removing anything that needs to be removed (such as wrap or stickers for example).For your bamboo or skewers, you can thread what needs to be threaded before starting to fill the jars. These will be used for fillers and decoration as needed.
- Layer ingredients in categories or sizes for a nicer presentation. Remember people will see the jars before they dig in. Try to avoid adding anything the may 'drip' on top of other ingredients however.
Similar ideas that you may also be interested in.
In case you have missed something.
- Charcuterie Jars really are perfect as an Easy Appetizer idea.
- Tips for making a successful charcuterie jar.
- How to Personalize Charcuterie jars.
- You may also be interested in these ideas.
- What makes Charcuterie Jars so good.
- Ingredients needed for Charcuterie Jars.
- The ingredients used my my charcuterie jar.
- How to make Easy Appetizer Charcuterie Jars